cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy s8

I don't understand what's going on with my galaxy s8 I've done two software updates and my phones just acting weird. Sometimes after a factory reset itll have issues loading my purchased apps, even when I search snapchat on the play store after one reset it wouldn't even show up. I don't know if this is just because I've done too many resets or if it's because I've cleared the cache partition. I just want my phone to work fine again and I don't have time to send it in because I'm in college. Please help

5 REPLIES 5
Honored Contributor

Re: Galaxy s8

@Samsung_RvXgVYO wrote:

I don't understand what's going on with my galaxy s8 I've done two software updates and my phones just acting weird. Sometimes after a factory reset itll have issues loading my purchased apps, even when I search snapchat on the play store after one reset it wouldn't even show up. I don't know if this is just because I've done too many resets or if it's because I've cleared the cache partition. I just want my phone to work fine again and I don't have time to send it in because I'm in college. Please help

-Which updates did you get?

-What is the currect update that your phone has?

-Your phone is unlocked or you got it from a carrier?

-What is your carrier?

Unlocked galaxy s8 from bestbuy, July and September were the newest security patches I got I'm on Verizon

Honored Contributor

@Samsung_RvXgVYO wrote:

Unlocked galaxy s8 from bestbuy, July and September were the newest security patches I got I'm on Verizon

I don't think resetting a phone would make it work bad.  Usually after the reset many apps need updating even the play store itself.

-Turn device off then back on.  See if anything has changed

-How long ago have you reset the phone last time?

-APN reset: Check if your carrier settings are good, go to: settings>connections>mobile networks and check settings there. Then go to access point names.  Make sure proper carrier is selected or you can even tap 3 dots on top right and do reset to defaults.  Restart device

Highlighted
Samsung_tb6acKZ
Astronaut

I used to have this problem with my old phone which was a Galaxy J3 V where I couldn't find anything on the Play Store, and I tried to factory reset my phone, but I figured out it was the Google account I was using. So maybe try switching to or using a different Google account.

Samsung_tbac6

Why would my Google account be messing up?