cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userLvsWA2UmU5
Constellation

Gallery is changing quality of images when sharing

I think it started after last update, but my edited photos that I download from my Google drive to my phone, have been changing once I try to share it from the Gallery to Instagram. 

I do extensive photo editing work in Lightroom and Photoshop. And the quality looks right on the phone, but as soon as I go to Share it on Instagram, the quality- saturation, exposure, etc goes down, dull. Normal is selected next to all the filters. I don't know what has changed. I've been doing the same thing with the same phone for two years.

Help!

2 REPLIES 2
Honored Contributor

Re: Gallery is changing quality of images when sharing

@userLvsWA2UmU5 wrote:

I think it started after last update, but my edited photos that I download from my Google drive to my phone, have been changing once I try to share it from the Gallery to Instagram. 

I do extensive photo editing work in Lightroom and Photoshop. And the quality looks right on the phone, but as soon as I go to Share it on Instagram, the quality- saturation, exposure, etc goes down, dull. Normal is selected next to all the filters. I don't know what has changed. I've been doing the same thing with the same phone for two years.

Help!

What if you share images using email, another social network?  Does the quality change?  If not, I would go to Play Store, find Instagram app, then at the bottom of the page there should be developer's contact info(support).  Express your concerns there and see what they have to say.

Samsung_lWwNUOZ
Astronaut

Re: Gallery is changing quality of images when sharing

No much but I choose not to use my photos