Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userg7XoU2iIk0
Constellation

Gallery tags

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm looking for any type of information about how to search through gallery using tags

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Comet

Re: Gallery tags

JUMP TO SOLUTION
You can add tags to pictures manually in the Gallery app. Long-press a photo or select multiple, then select Add Tag from the triple dot menu. You can then find images with these tags using the search icon at the top of Gallery. You can actually search without tagging anything to see if the app can find specific subjects (I searched mine for cats but only found a few). I've actually found that the search function in Google Photos provides better results, again without any manual tagging -- who knew a Google would be good at searching? ;-)

Dan
Galaxy S9 SM-G960U on Xfinity Mobile + Gear S2 Classic
4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I believe the stock camera is only able to tag faces and allows you to share with contacts.

Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION
You can add tags to pictures manually in the Gallery app. Long-press a photo or select multiple, then select Add Tag from the triple dot menu. You can then find images with these tags using the search icon at the top of Gallery. You can actually search without tagging anything to see if the app can find specific subjects (I searched mine for cats but only found a few). I've actually found that the search function in Google Photos provides better results, again without any manual tagging -- who knew a Google would be good at searching? ;-)

Dan
Galaxy S9 SM-G960U on Xfinity Mobile + Gear S2 Classic
userg7XoU2iIk0
Constellation

Faces, location, and time. Are the only groupings that ar...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Faces, location, and time. Are the only groupings that are available to me using Google photo

Samsung_2Vti371
Astronaut

Oh