cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userwfbla5YzZv
Constellation

Ghost Touch/Random Input

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had my Samsung Galaxy s8 for almost a year and have taken really good care of it. There isn't any screen damage and I've always had it in a case. Yesterday afternoon (12.8.18), it started randomly clicking around the top portion of the screen. Sometimes it does it and other times it doesn't. There are occasions where it totally spazzes out and I can't do anything on my screen until I lock it and unlock it.

I have restarted my phone, I've turned it off for a few hours and I also went to a small att store and a best buy, but that didn't help either. Has anyone else been having this problem with the s8? My phone had a software update Friday (12.7.18) evening and I'm not sure if that could cause these issues. Please help!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Ghost Touch/Random Input

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If the issue does not occur with the device in safe mode then there is a third-party app causing this. You may have to delete your third-party apps one by one until you find the one causing the issue.

19 REPLIES 19
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does this happen in safe mode?

user770BOGXjbk
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had a similar problem since I updated to Oreo 8.0 on my s8 and I've only had my device for 2 weeks and before the update it was fine.

userYC26y99gV7
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got the same problem. When my s8 got updated to 8.0.0, my phone started to have this ghostthouchs, and this is very annoing. Tryed reset, apps for fix touch and nothing worked. I have my s8 for a month and very disapointed about it

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does this happen in safe mode?

user1WDSzHjFqo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well, it doesnt do theses ghost touchs, but yet, I cant use any app, so the phone does not get used. I let the s8 on safe mode all day long, and I think the ghost touuch didnt start, but like I said, we cant use at his full potential, or any potential. So when I started on normal mode, all the ghosts are  back with. 
I read about this safe mode, and didnt instaled any outside apps from all the already come within instaled, and the ghosts's there. So is a problem with the softwere. And started on update. I tryed to downgrade the update, but cant find the option on cellphone to do this. So im trying my best to not get angry with this touchs.  
Im already searching for my guarantee here, im very disapointed. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If the issue does not occur with the device in safe mode then there is a third-party app causing this. You may have to delete your third-party apps one by one until you find the one causing the issue.

useruNzFMlH2s1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have this problem too will the warranty cover this 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useruNzFMlH2s1 Does this happen in safe mode?

useruNzFMlH2s1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Yes this happens in safe mode