cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Google account verification required

Hi all.

The other day my Galaxy S8+ crashed while exiting a youtube video. Not usually a big deal, I've had this happen a couple times in the last few months, but this time after it rebooted, all my google accounts were signed out of and I have notifications from Google Play Services reading "account verification required" asking me to sign in again, but when I do so it just loops back to the original screen, it will not sign in. I cannot access any apps that used the google account. 

I've researched on the web and tried several things. I tried deleting all data from the Google play app as well as other google apps. 

I've tried to remove the google accounts but when I confirm that I want to remove the account it simply doesnt remove it and takes me back to the accounts screen.

I've also tried uninstalling updates on the google play services app, but a message pops up saying "uninstall updates unsuccessful" 

I'm really at my wits end here, I've seen many people with similar problems online but none of the solutions work for me. The only thing I can think of that I havent tried is a hard reset, but I'm hesitant to do so. 

It seems more like an issue with the phone itself rather than on Google's end as I'm able to sign in on all my other devices. 

This is a last ditch effort, if anyone has any suggestions I'd greatly appreciate it cuz I am stumped. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Google account verification required

Hello,

Can you check in your settings if you are actually signed into a google account/samsung account at all?

If you are not signed in, your phone won't be backing up automatically as usual. 

Can you see if you can log in to a website that requires google sign in? Say you log into the google photos website and then when it asks you to switch over to an app, you see if that google account information transferred over to the app?

Just a thought. Let me know how it goes. 

Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Google account verification required

Try turning on Safe mode. >Press and hold the power button. >when the power off menu appears, Tap and hold the "Power off". Your device will then reboot to Safe mode.

Next is to try to log in to your Gmail account from the settings. From there, you can manage your google account. Also makes sure that your phone is up to date. You might need to free up some space if your phone is full.