cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dluciano88
Cosmic Ray

Grayscale

JUMP TO SOLUTION

On my S8+, some reason when I go to unlock my phone, sometimes it shows everything on grayscale. My phone is automatically turning on grayscale​ all by itself. I have to go into settings and turn it back off. Is there some sort of solution to this? Maybe being able to disable the grayscale feature?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Supernova

Re: Grayscale

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ah! I didn't know you were holding both those keys down. We actually had another conversation on here where that was discussed: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S8-How-To-s/How-to-quicklaunch-grayscale-mode/td-p/94790

Glad you got it sorted out, sorry for all of that confusion. Have a good one! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So even when you manually go into your settings and turn it off, it just happens to go back into grayscale the next time you have to unlock your phone?

Sounds like it could be an app that's causing this. Have you tried testing the phone in Safe Mode yet? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

dluciano88
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for your reply.

The whole time I've had the phone (a month) it only happened 3 times. It randomly happens. I would lock my screen, go back to phone to unlock it, and everything is gray. I don't know what is triggering it when it does happen. Like I said, it has only happened 3 times. But I do wonder what the reason is for this. A glitch, a downloaded app, etc...

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ah! So this is far and few between, but still happening. Something this intermittent really can't be tested in Safe Mode unless you're down to not have access to any Google Play or Galaxy Store apps for x amount of time. It's going to be hard to find out what's triggering this. At least we know that the setting is being manually triggered and the phone's not just ghosting it in any way. 

One thing you can do right now, is clear your app cache and cache partition. Just some maintenance techniques that aren't invasive and won't harm any personal data on the phone. 

Highlighted
dluciano88
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I regularly use the Device Maintenance tools provided in the phone. So I will just keep doing so in hopes I don't see this happen again.

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please update this thread when you have additional info. I want to see how this turns out. 

And of course, help you take more invasive steps to get it taken care of if need be. Smiley Happy 

user2opx4d4XRG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My S8+ switches to grayscale upon unlock often. I have to dig through tons of accessibility settings to get color.

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How often would you say yours happens? Care to share any troubleshooting steps you've already tried for this?

Thanks for joining in by the way, this could be of great use. 

dluciano88
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this issue. It sucks to have it happen to others, but glad in a way that it's not just my phone.

dluciano88
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I finally figured out what's causing grayscale to activate. When the power and volume up are pressed at the same time it activates the grayscale mode. Not sure why that is an option but it is what it is. As annoying as it is.