Original topic:

Gyroscope Not Working and noisy Headphone Input

(Topic created on: 1/15/21 5:02 AM)
Astronaut954
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S8

Hello guys, this will be my first post, I'm Brazilian, so maybe my English won't be the best one, but I will try my best to clarify everything. So, here is the problem with my Galaxy S8 Plus:

Recently I found that my GPS was kinda strange, it would show the location, but when navigating in apps like Google Maps it would stop working and lose the satellite's signal. After a while of researching I would try to use the command "*#0*#" and test the Sensors to find that the Gyroscope is not working, I get "Fail" when testing it. Also, my Headphone Input was not working properly (some frequencies are not there, I think I'm only hearing mid-frequency). I think when I used a low budget headphone it messed up with the jack. Since I don't have anymore the warranty I was expecting to pay to fix it, yet when I went to Samsung's authorized store to fix my phone I was notified that I would have to buy a new Motherboard (about R$1.4500,00, what would be a new phone) to fix the Gyroscope and to fix the Headphone Input I would have to change the entire "Sub board" (I don't know the name in English, but it would be the entire hardware of the phone with the power connector, headphone input, microphone,...), it would be more money, would be even more expensive than an entirely new Galaxy S8 Plus. 

From what I've researched I found that the gyroscope has nothing to do with the Motherboard, so I would only need to change it, not buy an entire new Motherboard. And about the Headphone Input I found the same thing, no need to change the entire hardware, just fix the Headphone Jack. Can you guys confirm this? I feel like the store is trying to make a fool of me. And if this is the case what can I do since it's supposed to be a professional Samsung fix store?

0 Likes
7 Replies
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S8

I apologize but you have reached technical support for products manufactured for usage in the United States. Please visit https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html to find your country's support page.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Astronaut954
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S8

Thank you for the reply, yet my question doesn't necessarily need to be in another forum since it's more a technical question. I just need to know if it is necessary to change the entire Motherboard to fix the Gyroscope and if to fix the jack I need an entirely new "Sub motherboard" (the one with the charge input, jack, microphone,...).

0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S8
wipe cache partition
0 Likes
Astronaut954
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S8

But this isn't a software problem as far as I know It's a hardware problem since the Sensor Test fails. And what about the Jack?

0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S8
just try it
0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S8
if that didn't work
take the back off
disconnect the battery
hold power button for 10 second
then put the phone back together and test
0 Likes
Astronaut954
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S8

I appreciate all the help, but the most important information to me is if to fix a broken Gyroscope iI need to buy a new Motherboard and if to repair the jack it also needs to buy a new "sub-board" (hardware with the jack, microphone, power input,...). I will try your solution later since it takes me time and disposal to do it.

0 Likes