cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrookeT
Asteroid

HELP Phone Ate It

Long story short - my phone ate about 641 photos and 39 videos (from my Camera album in the Gallery app) as well as probably 200 or so screenshots. I have no idea where they went, they're not in any trash folders, and apparently they've not been backed up to anything although they were supposed to be. I've talked to Verizon, Best Buy, and Samsung.

My question is if anyone has any ideas about a trustworthy third-party site for trying to recover those? Honestly couldn't care less about the screenshots, but that Camera album was 5 years of my life, every picture I had of my dog, my Hawai'i trip last year, all my concerts... I've literally cried 5 times in 2 days.

GeekSquad said they could fix it, but it's gonna start at like $700-800 to try and recover those files, and I don't have that. I just want my pictures back.

Any assistance is much appreciated.

11 REPLIES 11
Samsung_AESS
Astronaut

Re: HELP Phone Ate It

Google drive, internal storage and ypu may have phothos and gallery!

BrookeT
Asteroid

I've checked Google Drive, nothing carried over, they disappeared out of my internal storage and I apparently don't have a SD card, and I already check the photos and gallery sections to no avail. Thank you, though!

Samsung Care Ambassador

Try downloading Google photos and see if it saved there.

BrookeT
Asteroid

Unfortunately, I already tried that and it stopped backing things up back in May of 2018, and even then those weren't photos I wanted off my phone. Thank you though!

MID1016
Asteroid

Try google photos!

BrookeT
Asteroid

Unfortunately, I already tried that and it stopped backing things up back in May of 2018, and even then those weren't photos I wanted off my phone. Thank you though!

MID1016
Asteroid

🤔🤔🤔🤔 I had an issue like this with my S8+ briefly. I'm trying to remember what I did to fix it

BrookeT
Asteroid

If you can, I'd really appreciate it! I'm looking into third party apps like Deleted Photo Recovery and DiskDigger and a couple of others, but I'm afraid if I start with one and it doesn't work it might mess up the rest of the system and make them all unrecoverable. Smiley Sad

Samsung_VKZDZsc
Astronaut

Did you try your Samsung cloud