cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Hand sanitizer leaks into my new Samsung Galaxy A01

I have a hand sanitizer pump bottle in my car, which I use to clean my hands during this pandemic times. Unbeknownst to me, when I have been using it, some of the sanitizer trickles down the side of the pump canister, creating a pool in the cup holder of my car.

Well, the other day, on a short trip to get an evening ice cream cone stand in town, I slipped my phone right behind this pump bottle of hand sanitizer. I went to the ice cream stand and returned home, taking out my phone that was in the cup holder. I immediately noticed it was wet -- and that I had a small pool of hand sanitizer at the bottom of the cup holder! I immediately cleaned off the bottom area of my brand-new Samsung Galaxy A01, taking off both protective back, as well as my outside protector. Each of these two items were also a little wet, as the hand sanitizer apparently leaked into thier respective areas, including the INSIDE of my phone, which is not even a month old. 

After getting inside, I immediately called Samsung support, and I was informed there was a long wait. I was asked if I wanted a callback, as the wait on the phone was about an hour. So, I took that hint and asked for a callback...and they responded that it would be 45 minutes later.

In between that time, I searched the Internet as far as what I could do to stop the spread and/or damage INSIDE my phone. But one cannot take off the back  or cover of these phones? I was unable to do it, anyway. So knowing that keeping a phone in rice was a possible way of evaporating the liquid inside, I placed the bottom of the phone in a bowl of rice.  And, I waited for the callback, WHICH NEVER CAME FROM SAMSUNG SUPPORT! Ugh!

So fearing that would happen again today, I write this post, asking if there is anything else I can do? I did  wonder if there is a warranty on the Samsung Galaxy A0! -- and, for how long? Or, does it NOT cover such "accidents"? Since I was getting nothing from Samsung support, I write here, seeking advice as far as what to do, if anything. 

I have the phone working today, but I am afraid I see a "stain" on the face of the phone, which I imagine will eventually "dry up" but the "stain" will stay? Anything I can do to erase such "stain"?

Any and all replies/input is requested.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Hand sanitizer leaks into my new Samsung Galaxy A01

Hello there, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you and provide you with what options would be available to you. Would you mind sending me a private message with the full model code and IMEI number of the phone?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Hand sanitizer leaks into my new Samsung Galaxy A01

You can try a bag or bowl of "uncooked dry" rice to remove any remaining moisture. But with moisture breaching the inside of the screen the watermark residue will likely remain unless repaired.