cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TOGgledShot
Cosmic Ray

How do I permanently disable Samsung Voice Input on Galaxy S8+?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
What I want to do it keep the Default Keyboard as Samsung Keyboard, but use the Google Voice Typing.

One Example is I am currently using Apps like the Messenger app and when trying to Voice-to-text, it uses Samsung Voice Input (which is Bixby powered). This voice input app is very clunky. It doesn't input correctly and is slow.

Google Voice Typing is FAR faster and FAR more accurate. I can be in my car, window down on the highway with the radio slightly on and it still picks up my words accurately.

I go into Settings > Language and input > On-screen keyboard > Manage Keyboards. From here I disable the Samsung Voice Input. After doing this, it sets the default to Google Voice Typing. This seems to work for a little bit.

The problem I have is that after an undisclosed amount of time the Samsung Voice Input feature re-activates itself and reverts back. It's very frustrating. I never had this problem on my S6 or S7 Edge.

Is there any way to permanently disable the Samsung Voice Input?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
usercne5e6w42Q
Astronaut

Re: How do I permanently disable Samsung Voice Input on Galaxy S8+?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Go to settings, then go to apps, then apps manager, click on the 3 dots on top right corner and see system apps. Locate samsung voice input click on it and disable

5 REPLIES 5
usercne5e6w42Q
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Go to settings, then go to apps, then apps manager, click on the 3 dots on top right corner and see system apps. Locate samsung voice input click on it and disable

usercne5e6w42Q
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I was having the same issue and this seems to have solved the problem
userto7yGUdv0r
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My disable option is grayed out so this doesn't work 

user0wq8BLzznI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Click the 3 dots at the top right hand corner and select "show system apps" then scroll down and select "Samsung Voice input" with the Mic icon (not the Bixby icon) and disable Smiley Happy yw!

userR0mhlBy5kl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem above. I followed all the instruction and still can't disable (Grayed out). Also, I don't have Samsung voice services with (Mic icon)