cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userkgZWJi5qYN
Asteroid

How do you reverse a system update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

New system update is absolutly the worst.  nothing is the same.  Hate Hate hate this update.   Is there a way to uninstall.  If not I will be changing to Iphone.  

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: How do you reverse a system update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There is not an approved method for reversing the software updates.

16 REPLIES 16
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There is not an approved method for reversing the software updates.

usersWL7nvdtvv
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is there an unapproved method of doing it?

user5Cge2qncgc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes,  pleeaasseee.  I hate this update.  <edit>  I hate a completely black background, I hate the icons and different colored icons on my contacts.   I finished grade school a long time ago.  It this is what I will have to live with, then I'm done with samsung.  I was looking forward to upgrading to the note 10 when available.  But not with this ugliness

useraVusAXvomA
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

you need to change that.  as you must know by now, the latest upgrade is god awful!!!  unless you want a multitude of users to go running to LG or Google or back to iPhone, you need to figure this mess out.  Like now!!

PH0QUR
Asteroid

Yea it can be done, you have to flash it with Odin

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yea it can be done, you have to flash it with Odin

userkgZWJi5qYN
Asteroid

Re: Yea it can be done, you have to flash it with Odin

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What is Odin and how do we do this

Evil20071
Asteroid

Re: Yea it can be done, you have to flash it with Odin

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am not intending this to be rude in any way, but because using Odin voids your warranty (And yes, there is software built into your phone that will know if you use Odin and can even tell a service tech (or anyone who knows where to look) exactly how many times you've used it) and can brick your phone, if you have to ask what it is or how to use it, then you're better off just taking the time to change the setting on your phone so that it still looks like what you're looking for.

user3HGvznZ35e
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't think you have to change to an iPhone, Samsung did it for ALL of us since the update made our Samsung's look like an iPhone.

Rac3rb0y
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This new update is trash. They removed things that I liked. If i wanted iphone functions I would have bought an iPhone. Samsung has not replied to my complaint about removing Photo Editor Pro which makes me think they dont care about their customers anymore.