cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
users6qYn3jRQA
Asteroid

How to get rid of Cryptocurrencytopnews.com pop up

I started getting the cryptocurrencytopnews.com pop up last Monday    I don't have Instagram installed  and haven't installed anything new in months  does anyone know what other apps this comes with   

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: How to get rid of Cryptocurrencytopnews.com pop up

Does the pop-up occur when the device is placed into safe mode?

It sounds like a third-party application that you have downloaded is loading adds on your device.

I would recommend testing in safe mode to see if the symptom persists and if it doesn't happen in safe mode. I would review your apps and remove them until you find the one causing your concerns.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

This is caused by some third party app that was installed onto your phone.

Go to 'settings', 'device care', 'battery', and 'battery usage' to see what apps are running and using battery. Look to see if there are any apps you either don't recognize or don't want.

Then go to 'settings', 'apps' and disable/uninstall any apps that you don't recognize or don't want. This should definitley help with the ads.

After you have removed the apps make sure to clear your cache partition as they can leve behind some junk data.

userzmtwCECPHR
Astronaut

Hi team, ive been facing this peculiar issue too. However i didnt install any instagram related save & etc apps third party. all ive done is buffer & hootsuite, i doubt whether these are the trouble makers. Ive cleared chromes cache, uninstalled few apps which i dont suspect as they were the ones which were installed during the recent times. Pleasr help. 

@userdmhcHp7tQ8 wrote:

This is caused by some third party app that was installed onto your phone.

Go to 'settings', 'device care', 'battery', and 'battery usage' to see what apps are running and using battery. Look to see if there are any apps you either don't recognize or don't want.

Then go to 'settings', 'apps' and disable/uninstall any apps that you don't recognize or don't want. This should definitley help with the ads.

After you have removed the apps make sure to clear your cache partition as they can leve behind some junk data.

Samsung Care Ambassador

@userzmtwCECPHR wrote:

Hi team, ive been facing this peculiar issue too. However i didnt install any instagram related save & etc apps third party. all ive done is buffer & hootsuite, i doubt whether these are the trouble makers. Ive cleared chromes cache, uninstalled few apps which i dont suspect as they were the ones which were installed during the recent times. Pleasr help. 

You should boot into safe mode. If the pop ups stop while you are in safe mode, you know that it is caused by some 3rd party software that you have installed.