cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jbcamel
Cosmic Ray

How to turn off Voice Assistant

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 with the latest OS.  I want to turn off Voice Assistant but can't figure out how.  The instructions online say to go to Settings/Accessibility/Vision, but there is no "Vision" option under Adccessibility.

The Voice Assistant starts up at some VERY inconvenent times and drives me crazy.

Help!

10 REPLIES 10
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: How to turn off Voice Assistant

Have you updated your device recently?

jbcamel
Cosmic Ray

Yes.  It did an update a couple off weeks ago.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

The option should be there. Was this device purchased in the U.S.?

jbcamel
Cosmic Ray

Yes.  It was purchased from Verizon.  The option is not there.  Perhaps it was there before the new Android update but it's not there now.

jbcamel
Cosmic Ray

Helloooooo is anyone going to help me???

Samsung Care Ambassador

Try this Screenshot_20190530-101941_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20190530-102018_Accessibility.jpg

Screenshot_20190530-102043_Accessibility.jpg

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please mark it as "Solved."

Note 9 User

Note 9 User on Verizon Wireless
jbcamel
Cosmic Ray

I already found that setting.  It was already turned to the OFF position but the damned voice still comes on at the most inconvenient times.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Are you referring to Bixby 

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please mark it as "Solved."

Note 9 User

Note 9 User on Verizon Wireless
userD9j6GCzl12
Astronaut

I have the same problem and I have Samsung S7 with the latest Android update. After the update sometimes when I try to open the camera by the clicking Home button twice shortcut, I get the most annoyting voice assitant.

In order to shut it off I have to painstakingly reach the settings etc. It is a very hard thing to do when the voice assitant is on! Also it is loud and annoying and won't let you operate the phone.
I can't find a way of removing the awful feature from the phone or shutting off for good. In addition I've noticed the shortcut for screen capture with the palm swipe becomes "off" after I shut off the voice assistance. I wish a solution for this will be found and soon, becaues I really like my palm-swipe shortcut and the camera short cut, but if this continues I will be very disappointed. I'm also not thrilled about the replies jbcamel was given here, which are not helping. Can anyone help please? My phone was NOT purchased in the US, I'm from Israel, if that helps anything.