cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userHfThgQ05OP
Constellation

I replaced photos on an album and now i cant find them.

Hi! its the first time I'm using this platform and I really hope I can get some answers. I was moving pictures from my gallery to a specific album, and for those pictures that had been already saved, a message popped up saying, "would you like to replace existing file?" or something along those lines. Then I hit "REPLACE" and the popup window disappeared and then it showed a message saying "Move complete". But then when i tried going back to the Album, the "replaced" photos werent there anymore and they're nowhere to be found. I already tried connecting my phone to the computer, checked every single folder, and they were'nt there. PLEASE HELP! How can I get this pictures back or where can I find them? Did they get deleted?? even though it showed a message saying "Move complete" and even though i hit REPLACE??.. 

2 REPLIES 2
Surv5
Cosmic Ray

Those photos will have been lost. When you have photos in...

Those photos will have been lost. When you have photos in a OLD album qq.jpg and you move it to another album(NEW) that also ALREADY has a photo qq.jpg if you hit REPLACE the one that was already in the OLD album will be gone and replaced with the NEW photo. You can try to look in the Trash Tap three dots in upper right corner then trash. I'm 100% sure they will not be there. Its Best to NEVER press replace, always do rename or select copy to album that way if you press copy the old photo will still be in the OLD and NEW album. Then you can delete once you know that's its been successfully moved to where you would like it to be. Hopefully this helps sorry for the long explanation.

Highlighted
userHfThgQ05OP
Constellation

Re: Those photos will have been lost. When you have photos in...

Smiley Sad

but if theyre REPLACED in the NEW album, following your example, they should be in the new album, but theyre not. Maybe its because i was trying to save the same pictures in the same album and hit REPLACE.. but still, it doesnt make sense to me because it should replace it not remove it. In the computer, when you hit replace file, it literally just gets replaced... 

I cant find these pictures anywhere.. makes me think i lost them.. 

Thanks for your reply though! I appreciate your time to respond! Smiley Happy