cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userpPlMzxr5As
Constellation

I updated my s8+ and now it wont charge.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Before the update my phone was charging fine on my new wireless fast charger but then I got a updated message and followed through my S8+ wont charge. There's nothing wrong with the charge it turns on I've had it for two month still new. I don't even have a case on my phone and yes I am using the original cable and block it came with. Even if I charge with the cable it tells me "make sure its plug in right and the charger it came with" then just charges slow. What happened? How do I fix it?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Supernova

Re: I updated my s8+ and now it wont charge.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @userpPlMzxr5As, thanks for reaching out. Have you attempted to do a soft reset on your device? This will simulate a battery pull and may help alleviate some of the charging difficulties you are having.

1. Power your device down by holding the Volume Down and Power keys until the device shuts off.
2. Then boot it back on and let us know how it responds.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @userpPlMzxr5As, thanks for reaching out. Have you attempted to do a soft reset on your device? This will simulate a battery pull and may help alleviate some of the charging difficulties you are having.

1. Power your device down by holding the Volume Down and Power keys until the device shuts off.
2. Then boot it back on and let us know how it responds.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I hope you are doing well. Did you attempt to do a soft reset on your device? Did this help your S8+ charge?

If you need help with anything else, please let us know and our community will be happy to help!

userMS214hGFIH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too have this issue but unfortunately I do not see the same "solution".  Since Oreo the wireless charging has continually failed.  Te charger pad recognizes a coil and illuminates the LED.  The phone recognizes the pad and illuinates the charging icon in the battery, the starburst appears with the battery percentage, but the phone simply does not charge.  One other issue for me is that the phone will not wirelessly charge if powered down.  I know that this used to work since when the phone lost battery and I placed it on the pad I received the charger lightning bolt and the phone began to charge.  As indeed it still does with cable charging.  The wireless charging activation is also intermittent - sometimes it lights the pad, sometimes it does not.

I can almost directly attribute this to an update received about a week ago.  Nothing has changed with installed apps. Nothing has changed with settings on apps (well apart from auto updates whcih I may not be aware of).  I have:

• Booted in Safe Mode
  • Cleared System Cache x 2
  • Checked the charger pad with another phone
  • Checked the phone with another pad

Nothing seems to change the battery charge state, What did Samsung do?

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would recommend forcing a shut down on your phone. Once the phone turns back on let the phone fully load and try connecting to the charger. 

tomkay44
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My S8+ is doing the same thing since the last update.

Extremely slow wireless charging .

I also:

• Booted in Safe Mode
  • Cleared System Cache
  • Checked the charger pad with another phone
  • Checked the phone with another pad
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you using the original charger that came with your S8+?

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userMS214hGFIH: Just checking in to see if you were able to complete a "Forced Shutdown"