cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userJO2SbOrtYp
Constellation

Re: Incomplete connection charging.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What a complete joke! Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse...

We just received my husband's phone back after sending it in for service 3 weeks ago. First, Samsung refused to address the issue because they say it is no longer under warranty and now they didn't even send the charger back with the phone!!! I can't believe this crap.

This company doesn't deserve anyone's business with this awful customer (no) service.

userO20wMQu3hH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem for me. 

About 3 weeks ago the fast charging stopped working. Then came the incomplete connection for charging.

The mods here are a complete waste of space providing nothing of value. How about you respond with, we acknowledge there is an issue and we are working on a solution! 

Certainly there was an update that was pushed through causing these issues.

Fix the problem now! 

user85gMiFrCnj
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the problem to happens two updates ago you can try unplugging the charger at the base i.e. the block and plugging it in works for mine

user5gHg4uWy3E
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Been having the  problem for months.  No solution.  Finally got a third level of customer support to agree to send me a new charger two weeks ago.  Still  waiting.  Frustrated, angry.  First and last experience with a Samsung phone

userQmLGstxdWK
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problems for about a week now. i can get it to fast charge by unplugging from the phone, blowing in phone port terminal. this sometimes take 4 or 5 tries before it registers as fast charge, which i imagine is not good for the input terminal durability. anyway the solution i did was to buy a $21 wireless charger from Pleson. this works pretty good so far and is a solution if you mostly charge it at night in a secure location. 

useresM24j4vPz
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SM-G950U

My phone just started doing the same thing yesterday. The charger out of the box isn't working nor is any other ones that I have bought.

Highlighted
Dreadsta
Halo

Incomplete connection charging.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I also had a charging issue. It only happened with certain usb cords and power bricks. With this info I figured it had to be a hardware issue. I tried a ton so stuff, buying new cord, power adaptors everything. After months of frustration I booted into safe mode plugged up the phone and no problem. It was fast charging again, all cords and bricks worked. Rebooted normally and it was fine. So I would try that. I assumed it was a hardware problem and never looked into software. I did try rebooting normally to fix the problem and that didn't work. So give that a try.
userDofnja3YPu
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had my phone just over two weeks and am having the same problem and a black spot on the screen.  Also,  Samsung customer service is worthless.  You have to mail your device for them to “fix it” and they take 5-7 days not including shipping time.  You will be without your brand new phone for 3 weeks!

userO8fmzSDiOt
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok, i was getting the incomplete charging error message after owning my phone less than a month.  I have only used the charger that came with the phone.  I got to noticing that the charger did not feel like it would "click" into the phone (like a new charger does).  So i took a look at the charging port on the phone and there was a very small piece of something in between the contactor and the port wall.  I had to take a 3/32 stainless steel tig rod and grind it down as much as i could, to fit in between the contactor and the port wall to dig it out carefully.  After retrieval of the foreign object i connected the charger to the phone, and no longer get the "incomplete connection" error message.  Hope this helps.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey folks! I’ve reached out to many of you privately to get more details. 

To check your messages on the computer: Click on your name in the top right corner. Then click the tiny little mail icon to see your private message inbox.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.