cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Incomplete connection charging.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have this issue as well.  S8+  6 or so months old.  i think it's a usb-c port hardware problem.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having this issue as well.  It started abut a month ago and I got my phone last year. It happens with both the fast charger and car charger.  With the fast charger I experience it about 98% of the time I plug it in.

SAMSUNG-SM-G950U

SM-G950U

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having the same issue, it just started a few days ago.  Incomplete  Connection Charging.  My phone is a year or so old,  I have 3 OEM chargers and it happens on all three chargers.  

I have reset the phone, I have made sure all updates are loaded, I have clean out the charging port.  None of which helps.

Need this problem fixed.  I will bet if I have to get a new phone, it wont be a samsung this time.  It appears that a lot of people are having this issue with no assistance.

Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, everyone, if you are having difficulties charging and have attempted a soft reset as well as multiple charges, I would suggest looking into repair options.

You can do this by calling 1-800-726-7864 or reaching out to your carrier or phone insurance who may have other options available to you.

I hope this helps! Please let us know if we can help with anything else and our community will be happy to help!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got this phone literally 5 days ago, why is this an issue for so many people?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm so disappointed to see Samsung reps saying this is an issue with "a limited number" of devices.  There's no way you can honestly act like this isn't a widespread issue with multiple devices.  So far the only solution I've seen is, soft reset or send it in so we can figure it out... Well I'm experiencing the same issues,  with my S8, now my wife's S8, and occasionally with my S9+. I ONLY USE the Samsung adapters and chords. Sometimes flipping the ends around helps,  sometimes nothing helps.  It makes no sense and its frustrating enough,  but when I finally come to see how many people are and have been having this issue,  Samsungs answers of,  ya don't say?  hm that's strange,  be inconvenienced and give us some time to figure it out or replace your phone and we'll hope it doesn't do the same,  is so annoying.  This is enough to end my Samsung loyalty after downgrading to an S7 from the Exploding note, only to learn when Note 8s release  you do NOTHING to get your note customers back into a Note. So i'll bite.... other than go without a phone or the pain of trying to hard reset,  how can we get our Samsung chargers to charge our samsung phones? 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So your suggestion is to pay for repairs on new phones, or am I misunderstanding you?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My suggestion would be for Samsung to stop acting like they aren't aware that this isn't a rare issue.  It's so widespread that they should at the minimum issue voluntary recall to replace the phone. This means let me go get a new phone,  and send back the obviously faulty device,  that way we aren't punished for a defect by losing our data that might not be backed up,  and we won't have to go for days without a phone.  This is a defect on an item I paid close to 1000 dollars on. I expect it to work and not have to settle with a repaired or fixed device.  That's how you fix the problem.  That's customer service.  CERTAINLY DON'T MARK THIS RESOLVED. They still have no answer.  

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The proposed solution is total garbage.  This is a class action suit in the making.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is not a 'solution'