JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Incomplete connection charging.

(Topic created on: 6/29/17 7:35 AM)
user8CNHXeVnzj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S8

Charger says it has an incomplete connect. Second day, has anyone else had this issue? Miserable, stuck to the wall!

JUMP TO SOLUTION
279 Replies
userDAUC9Wd57d
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S8

Hello.  I followed the first two steps but I do not see an option for Battery under Show System Apps.  Thanks.

0 Likes
SamsungJace
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S8

Okay, thank you for the response. Can you please provide me with the model number and baseband version of your device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userDAUC9Wd57d
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S8

@SamsungJace wrote:

Okay, thank you for the response. Can you please provide me with the model number and baseband version of your device?

Model: SM-G950U

Baseband: G950USQS5CRF5

0 Likes
SamsungJace
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S8

Also, does the phone fast charge if you have the USB cable connected into the fast charging adapter piece? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userDAUC9Wd57d
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S8

@SamsungJace wrote:

Also, does the phone fast charge if you have the USB cable connected into the fast charging adapter piece? 

I have tried a few things.  The Samsung wall charger provided with the phone does not work.  Fast charging does not work.  Regular wall chargers (non-fast charging) using Samsung USB-C cable charges phone.

Incomplete connection error message appears when attaching phone to a computer or to my car when using ANY USB-C cable.

Getting very frustrated

0 Likes
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S8

Can I have your carrier information?

0 Likes
user4Ecqf5Cxvz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S8

Verizon.  I have 5 type C chords and 2 black fast charge plugs that came with samsung s8 and s9. NONE will fast charge.   why on EARTH would a carrier have anything to do with this?  Are you gonna ask which hand we use to connect our phones with next?  

@SamsungLarryK wrote:

Can I have your carrier information?

0 Likes
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S8

You need to reach out to your carrier for a software update. The software version is currently G950USQU4CRE9.

0 Likes
user4Ecqf5Cxvz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S8

That is my software version. 

0 Likes
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S8

@user4Ecqf5Cxvz

I apologize that wasn't meant for you. Have you tried charging your device while it is in safe mode?

0 Likes