JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Incomplete connection charging.

(Topic created on: 6/29/17 7:35 AM)
user8CNHXeVnzj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S8

Charger says it has an incomplete connect. Second day, has anyone else had this issue? Miserable, stuck to the wall!

JUMP TO SOLUTION
279 Replies
user4Ecqf5Cxvz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S8

well?  Help?  

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S8

@user4Ecqf5Cxvz; Yes, charging your device while in Safe Mode will help to determine if a third-party app is causing the charging issue. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user4Ecqf5Cxvz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S8

ugh, I said yes,  i've tried that.  It's not an app. It's not the Carrier, it's not anything you've said so far in this thread full of people who have yet to find a solution even though you've marked this resolved. 

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S8

@user4Ecqf5CxvzI am sorry to hear that troubleshooting has not worked for your issue. I would be happy to help you get set up for service repair. Could you respond in a private message to http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2 with the following information? Thanks.

First/Last Name 

Phone Number

Email Address

Physical Address

Place Of Purchase

Serial #

Model #

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usergNQPedyOpe
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S8

I have the same issue (incomplete connection) in my S8. Phone takes forever to charge.

26 pages of discussion, and no understanding of the issue in this thread yet.

0 Likes
user4Ecqf5Cxvz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S8

They don't have one. Just like she said, she wants me send in my phone to fix it.  To go without a phone and go through the process of getting everything back on the phone.  At this point that's a single fix to a massive problem.  I paid over 700$ for a phone that is faulty on a large scale.  Perhaps you should SEND ME a phone replacement or upgrade and THEN answer the thread with the same solution.  No accountability and no effort. 

userlckvD04uzN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S8

Have a Note 8.  I have connection issues while hooked up to the wall plug (factory plug and cable BTW) AND while it is connected to Android Auto.  Anyrate, my screen cracked so insurance sent me a new phone.  THE DAY AFTER I FIRED UP THE PHONE, it gives me this charging connection error message.  After looking at this thread, I was searching other options, when I came across someone who said to wiggle the connector.  That didn't work.  HOWEVER, I unplugged my cable, turned it over and reinserted it.  IT IS NOW RECOGNIZING FAST CHARGE!  Just FYI I inserted the connector where the metal comes together (the seam) facing the front of the phone.  I'm guessing this new "USB Type C" port is the issue.  The cables still have to be inserted ONE CERTAIN WAY for it to work.  Samsumg needs to figure this out.  I hear the Galaxy S9 is also having this trouble.  Anyway, hope this works for others.  I will see if it also fixes my problem in the car with Android Auto.  

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S8

@userlckvD04uzN; Thank you for letting us know what worked for you!

0 Likes
user4Ecqf5Cxvz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S8

Seriously?  Flipping over the type C pin (which is universal on both sides) is a proper solution?  It won't work even long term.  Sure,  turning it over might work for a while but then it'll stop too. It's like rolling dead batteries in a remote,  it might get a charge a little longer.  I've tried this.  Thanks for typing a long paragraph to further cloud and mask the issue when so many are trying to find a FIX. They need to Send replacements and recall, not tell the community to wiggle,jiggle. flip, tap, tape, or prop up the chord just to charge a 800$+ phone.  I've yet to see a solution or admission that this is widespread beyond just a few mysterious issues.  Telling me to send my phone in and go without it and lose everything to get a refurbished phone is trash too. Don't forget to post a new post when your other side of the pin stops fast charging tomorrow.  Maybe if people would demand answers and not try to rig up a way around it,  they'll answer.  So far all I've seen is  Samsung reps making excuses and acting like they don't know what's going on.  

0 Likes
userwhPFMxQvIR
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S8

tldr;

Simple fix, it's probably the cable is bad or has sloppy tolerances. Try a new or different USB-C cable. This solved my issue and probably will for 99% of everyone else on here.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 and started I getting  the "Incomplete Connection - Make sure the charger is properly connected. o Do Not Show again. Ok" popup whenever I used the USB-A to USB-C cable that came in the box with the phone and wall charger. For a while, I was able to get that message to go away and start the fast charging by wiggling the cable. Then I tried flipping the cable over. Then I started to have to make sure it was firmly seated. After a while (a little over a yr) nothing I did would resolve the issue.

I also have a car charger, the cigarette lighter style with a USB-C cable that is removable (USB-A to USB-C). When I use that cable, I notice that the connection to the phone is snug and I don't get the "Incomplete Connection" message. I tried plugging the USB-C cable that came with my car chager into the wall charger and the phone. I don't get the message.

I think the issue is that the tolerances on the USB-C plug on the cable that came with the phone is sloppy. This causes the cable to not fit snugly (there is some play) and that is what causes the "Incomplete Connection" error.

My wall charger works properly, my car charger works properly, the cable that came with my car charger works properly. The problem only happens with the cable that came with the phone.

Simple fix, try a different or new cable and always be careful when plugging in the USB-C end into the phone. The design is great in that the orientation doesn't matter, but also bad in that if you don't line it up straight before pluggin it straight in, the connector tab in the phone could break off.

By simply getting a new a Samsung compatible fast charge cable for around $20-$30 the problem will probably be solved for 99% of the people on this thread with this issue. Try it before returning your phone to Samsung or your carrier for replacement or repair. I have a hunch that there might have been a bad batch of cables that were shipped with the phones.

0 Likes