cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userVcWZjyO09l
Astronaut

Installing System Update Error ! Constant Reset galaxy s8+

I  downloaded an update on my S8+ recently and taped "Install Now" the phone restarted and still is ......

i did the bixby-volume up-home button thing . Opens a blue  screen saying Instaling system update 3-5min later it say ERROR . Tried mutiple times nothing still the same for over  hours.

6 REPLIES 6
usern9CWCTDhwe
Constellation

Re: Installing System Update Error ! Constant Reset galaxy s8+

If you do that you need to wipe cache partition and restart. That should resolve the issue. Next time you get the blue screen go down to wipe cache partition.

userVcWZjyO09l
Astronaut

what to do once i get to the blue screen ?

usern9CWCTDhwe
Constellation

Go down to wipe cache partition option

userVcWZjyO09l
Astronaut

There is no option to wipe cache. It's just a blue screen with a white Andriod arrows spinning in a circle a little down in white are words that say"Installing System Update" Thats is i cants scroll down with anything. Help.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userVcWZjyO09l Here are the steps to wipe your cache partition.

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all keys ('Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
  4. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight “wipe cache partition.”
  5. Press the Power key to select.
  6. Press the Volume down key to highlight “yes” and press the Power key to select.
  7. When the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.
  8. Press the Power key to restart the device.
usern9CWCTDhwe
Constellation

I cannot fathom what has happened. You will have to install new firmware by downloading from sammobile and use Odin. Cannot help more than that