JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Internet connectivity for laptop via phone

(Topic created on: 1/5/21 7:59 AM)
user7PemHEqbO1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S8

Can someone clear the fog for me on the best way to connect my laptop to my phone for internet connectivity.

I was planning on adding Get More or Do More, (verizon data usage plans), to my current account for more data allowance.

Beyond that, I'm seeing lots of options in Settings< Connections and I'm a little lost.

My laptop has Wifi and Bluetooth capabilities. I need to access the internet on my construction jobsites for emails, product research, and product orders. Do I want to use Wifi or Mobile hotspot? Do I need to set up a network or is it automatic? If it is automatic, what will the network name be on my Wifi connectivity list?

If it's not already automatic, I would like to have a secure connection for making credit card purchases online as well. And, if I add Do More or Get More, do I need to add another line to my current plan?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S8

@user7PemHEqbO1 You would want to create a Wifi hotspot on your S8 for your laptop to connect to. When you create the hotspot you can define the name and security used. 

I have no clue as to what Verizon's "Do More" or "Get More" is. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S8

@user7PemHEqbO1 You would want to create a Wifi hotspot on your S8 for your laptop to connect to. When you create the hotspot you can define the name and security used. 

I have no clue as to what Verizon's "Do More" or "Get More" is. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
user7PemHEqbO1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S8

Thank You Longhiker

Do More or Get more probably wan't needed in my post but it's just a verizon data plan add on to increase data usage.

I'll dig in and see if I can figure out how to create a Wifi Hotspot on my phone.

0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S8

@user7PemHEqbO1 just make sure that your plan includes Wifi hotspot. You will only see the option to create one if your carrier has enabled the service. 

0 Likes
user7PemHEqbO1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S8

Looks like it has. Just watched a short Youtube vid on creating a Wifi hotspot and all of the otions needed are enabled. So, short of needing to increase my data plan, I think I'm good to go. Thank You.

0 Likes