cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Boiler
Cosmic Ray

Iris scanner and cameras locking up frequently

My iris scanner as well as my cameras are failing to work on a VERY frequent and increasingly alarming rate. Up to 3 resets today and both are failed right now. A simple restart fixes all, but this device has become unreliable! I may go to finger print only for a while to see IF iris scan is the issue, but I need this fixed! HELP PLEASE!!! 

12 REPLIES 12
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Iris scanner and cameras locking up frequently

Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device?

Boiler
Cosmic Ray

Adam -

Could you please share clear details on this cache clear? 

Thanks! 

@SamsungAdam wrote:

Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Give these steps a try: 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
Boiler
Cosmic Ray

Done - thanks! I will report back. The longer the wait the better the results 🤞 

@SamsungAdam wrote:

Give these steps a try: 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

You're welcome. Please keep me posted and let me know if you need any further assistance.

Boiler
Cosmic Ray

Worked flawlessly for about 24 hours... No iris scan and no cameras. No red led when the iris scan attempts and camera app acts as if the lens is dead or not available. Can't do anything with camera. Back to frustration mode again. Have Not restarted or anything as of this writing. 

Further frustrations - Ring vidoe doorbell app does not seem to go 'live' during this issue as well... Stepped away from my shop and missed a RING as I could not go live to see / speak with whoever was in my lobby. NEED a resulution here, my S7 Active DID NOT have these issues (although a swollen battery compromised the seals and a little water wasted it).

Needing help here...

Thanks!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

The remaining option would be to have the phone serviced. You can check with a local uBreakiFix to see if they would be able to make the repairs. Would you please send a private message with the full model code and IMEI number? http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Boiler
Cosmic Ray

So... You must have an idea as to the issue with my phone?! Please share in the event I am not alone. 

Thanks! 

Boiler
Cosmic Ray

Locked again now in less than 3 hours... Becoming more than frustrated with this 'NEW' device and I own numerous Samsung devices🤬