cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user71fskGveuJ
Constellation

July 2019 update

My camera will randomly stop working. Actually, anything that uses the camera will not work. It just shows a black screen. I have to restart my phone multiple times a day. It's very frustrating. Also, my battery dies twice as fast. I'm starting to hate Samsung and we literally have EVERYTHING Samsung. Why are these things forced on us? Why can't we deny the update if we choose? Is anyone else having trouble with the camera like I am? I can't get into my phone using the Iris scan, I can't use the camera, snap chat..etc. @samsungsupport

3 REPLIES 3
usergKNT5DXxEg
Constellation

Hold down the app until it shows up then go to that info...

Hold down the app until it shows up then go to that info then clear the cache and memory on it that's it fix it.

Are you can go through apps and look for the camera and do it that way too

user71fskGveuJ
Constellation

Re: Hold down the app until it shows up then go to that info...

I called att last week and already did this. It didn't work. I'm restarting my phone at least once a day

usergKNT5DXxEg
Constellation

Solution: The first thing you will want to do in this cas...

Solution: The first thing you will want to do in this case is to make sure that that the phone is running on the latest software version. If an update is available then I suggest that you download and install it first. Since you already flashed your phone with an older firmware then I suggest that you flash the latest firmware if the OTA method of updating your phone does not work.

Perform a soft reset

The first thing that you will need to do in this particular case is a soft reset. This will usually fix issues caused by minor software glitches as it will refresh the phone software. This is also called as a simulated battery pull as it disconnects the phone from the battery.

Press and hold the Power and Volume down key for up to 45 seconds.Wait as the device restarts.

Check if the issue still occur.

Delete any registered Iris data then register your Iris data again

There’s a possibility that the problem could be caused by a corrupt Iris data which is why you should try to delete then add it again.

To delete the Iris data

On the Settings screen, tap ‘Lock screen and security’.Tap the ‘Iris Scanner’.Unlock the screen using the preset screen lock method.Tap ‘Remove iris data’.Tap ‘Remove’. Once the registered iris data has been deleted, all the related features will also be deactivated.

To add the Iris data

Open ‘Settings’.Tap ‘Lock screen and security’.Tap ‘Iris Scanner’ and set a pattern, PIN or password.Read the disclaimer, the click ‘OK’.Read the on-screen instructions and tap ‘Continue’.Hold your device 25 to 35 cm away from your face with the screen facing towards you and look at the screen. Keep your eyes open fully and look at the top of the screen. Position your eyes inside the circles on the screen and open your eyes wide. The iris recognition camera will scan your irises.When an iris unlock screen appears, tap ‘Turn on’ to use your irises to unlock the screen.When you swipe in any direction on the locked screen, the iris recognition screen will appear.If your irises are not recognized, unlock the device using the pattern, PIN, or password, and then re-register your irises.