cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userAuVAZvkcV1
Constellation

June 2019 update

Fast charge will not work since this morning's  update.

Also, is there a way to close individual open windows as you could in the past? Close all is the only option i see. Rather annoying displayed as full page that you have to scroll through versus a more list/tab oriented format.

I also keep getting a notification to enter my emergency location info but it will not save it when i do enter and hit save.

27 REPLIES 27
SHaught
Cosmic Ray

Re: June 2019 update

On the fast charge if you unhook and rehook into the phone and wait a sec it usually starts working. Also, sometimes it gets finicky about which way you plug it in. Like you flip it over and it works, but the other way won't. Even if it's worked before. Had that happen.

My car charger in fact I scratched some lines on one side so I could easily see which side was up when plugged into the phone...and for some unknown reason it just decided that the way I always plugged it in was no longer good enough for fast charging. Flipped it over and now that side works for fast charging when before it never did. And even then I often plug it in and then have to unplug it and reply it again to switch to fast charging.

user00GRnnjhJL
Constellation

To close a single screen in the recent apps screen, simply drag the app up like you do in an iPhone

useroD8V02FEuz
Asteroid

@userAuVAZvkcV1 @user00GRnnjhJL @SHaught 

After the update my lockscreen no longer tells me whose sending me messages via text, snapchat, messenger and it usually gives a preview. Is there anyway to have that feature now from the new update?

userIdprbYStCa
Constellation

You have to just pull down on the notification on the lock screen, then it will come down and show you everything you could see before. Took me a few hours to figure that out. 

SHaught
Cosmic Ray

Haven't had a chance to dig into that setting yet, but mine does the same thing. Before it would pop up when locked show the name and text and then hide back again. Now it only does it when I'm actively using the phone. It also has these overbearing and annoying symbols that popup... and my alarms stopped working.

Great update guys. Top notch work. 

useroD8V02FEuz
Asteroid

Samsung used to do notification reminders like 2 minutes after the notification happened. Now they do it from minimum every 2 minutes I am going crazy. I just was the reminder once not every 2-25 minutes 

userANkW157j1v
Astronaut

Has this question been answered?  Why would you take away the drop down of messages coming in from a locked screen.  Along with this and other updates I'm SOO disappointed in my phone now.  

Evil20071
Asteroid

It's a security/privacy thing. Just like before when you could set up the lock screen to hide notifications and only show icons or nothing at all. Now the default is to only show the icons. Just drag down from the top with the default setting. If you don't want your privacy detected, you should still be able to change it in the privacy settings on your phone.

userdJwhe3ratP
Constellation

Go to lock screen then notifications and you can change it to detailed or brief and you can also change the transparency to see it better. Hope this helps, took me forever! Hate the update!!