Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
siemo
Asteroid

Keep music controls on lock screen after pausing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

Bedore I got the Galaxy s8 I had a Note 5 and when I paused music the music controls would stay on the lock screen until I closed the app. On the s8, if I want to play music again after I pause I have to unlock the phone and pull down the notification bar. Does anyone know if this can be changed? Thanks,

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Keep music controls on lock screen after pausing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@siemo if you swipe on the clock it should bring up your music player even if it is paused. On the AOD and lock screen. You do have to double tap on the AOD first though. Just swipe on lock screen.

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@siemo you can access the music controls from the always on display(AOD). Just double check your settings. Just double tap. Also, I have access to my music on the lock screen. What music player are you using?

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@siemo here is a screenshot of mine.

siemo
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hi @VerbumVeritum , thanks for the reply. I checked and my AOD settings are on. My screen looks like that too when music is playing but as soon as I pause it disappears and I have to unlock the phone to start it again. I am using Google Play Music.
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@siemo if you swipe on the clock it should bring up your music player even if it is paused. On the AOD and lock screen. You do have to double tap on the AOD first though. Just swipe on lock screen.

siemo
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Oh, awesome! Thank you @VerbumVeritum !
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@siemo glad I could be of some help! 😃