cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useryKWhIHVIXm
Astronaut

Re: LED notifications not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How exactly do you "assign" a ringtone to an app?

Highlighted
userAR7KBWXqvS
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
It is not necessary to download any silent ringtone. Just enable sound in Messages settings for new messages, and disable it in general settings / sounds and vibrations.
userK5FaNc8tqV
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My led light flashes for everything except gmail notifications. Verizon says the s8plus doesn't flash for gmail, but I don't believe them. Should it flash? Why won't it?

Merlin_and_Co
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Here is the very simple solution I found. Go to email, settings, notification, email alert sound and check default ringtone. It's actually silent. I did that, and the LED now lights up when I have emails.
Merlin_and_Co
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Here is the very simple solution I found. Go to email, settings, notification, email alert sound and check default ringtone. It's actually silent. I did that, and the LED now lights up when I have emails.
userxM0veQmk0H
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No I tried that too... nothing

userUJuIM8Y4Tu
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In my WhatsApp account in Samsung galaxy S8+ led can't blinking. Kindly solved my problem 

userePmxI0sQiL
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

I have the same problem with my NOTE 8

-LED INDICATOR IS SET ON

-I tested the LED with blue color and it works(test done with testprogramm) but set as automatic so it should lit up when there is a message does not work on my NOTE 8.

The app is not set on silent! 

-It worked on my NOTE 2 and the use of it was very handy!

Somebody 

gtz,dh

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey Community! Anyone else seeing this problem? Anyone have a workaround? Let us know!  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userWqcm2KNy7w
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You all might find this really stupid or very helpful, but I have been reading all over the web to find the cause of the LED light not working. I've tried the partition wipe, app cache wipes and others, but just a moment ago I was screwing around with the display settings, changing from adaptive to amoled and whatever... underneath the smart stay option, I see LED Indicator and it's selected to off. I set it to on and did a notification preview in my txt app and the LED works now. Hope this helps someone!