cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MarcosR
Constellation

Latest Pie Update Ruined My Phone Experience

Let me first say that I have been (and continue to be) a huge fan of Samsung products and have already started making plans to get the new Samsung folding phone later this month (almost $2,000).  I also LOVED my Galaxy S8 for it's functional usability, its ease of management, and clean intuitive designs (such as the ability to call from your 'messages' screen).  That being said, here's what broke:

> My proximity sensor does not work and is not in the same location as it previously was (to enable/disable - I don't know where it's at now)

> Ability to 'swipe text message <action>' to call.  You can select the 'phone' icon, but it just puts the number in your dialer and doesn't dial

> You swipe your apps upwards to close now (except for tabs within the Samsung browser, those still swipe left or right, but the browser swipes up to close - very similar to Apple)

> Complete color changes means you have to retrain yourself on what color the icon was (since they're all the same shape)

> Reorganizing favorite contacts (it seemed to use random logic to figure out who was in my favorites or most frequently contacted... which was obviously wrong)

> Bixby (and other features that you're forced to suffer if you don't have an unlocked phone). IF you use this, great, if you don't - it's the single most annoying thing (up there with saying "Seriously?!" as an iPhone user, and having Siri respond)

> General app integration (things like Bitmoji and alternate keyboards, when inserting images into text messages, the screen exits all the way out of messages and you have to go back in to see the image you just inserted into a new text)

It's not all bad, I suppose this gives me familiarization time with the OS that will likely be closer to what Samsung is going to use on the new fold.

11 REPLIES 11
Itsmekeke
Constellation

Re: Latest Pie Update Ruined My Phone Experience

I approve this message. I would like to add that I cannot get into my smart lock where I had my trusted devices unlock my phone! I'm so upset about this and trying to find ways to fix this!

user24fre8seWE
Constellation

Also when using themes. When you go on setting the background is white which makes it very difficult to see anything since it does not go with the theme. For example when I have a black color theme. And I go to setting. The selection is black but the background is white.  It is very very difficult since that means it is pointless to have themes anymore.  Please fix this to what It used to be please.  I really enjoyed customizing my phone which is why I got a Samsung instead of an iPhone in the first place.

userEDz0JlnUEH
Astronaut

AND! You can't share images from Facebook or that you downloaded from Google anymore, you have to screenshot them and share them that way.  What is this? It's terrible to use and not nearly as intuitive as it used to be. I feel like I got a new phone 

Samsung_ARuLhZq
Constellation

apps and pages no longer have the "X" to close them. They get filed and when I go to the 3 bars they are all still running. All you can do is close them all.

userSqBs2snEaf
Constellation

Slide up to close now

userSqBs2snEaf
Constellation

And does anyone know what happened to the split screen feature that I used every day!?!?!

I hate this update so far. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Try these steps for the split screen. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00076782/

userk0AkvgcOsC
Constellation

The Pie update ruined my phone app:

I cannot answer phone calls immediately, and I have to swipe many times to answer a call.

I cannot ever disconnect a call. I can press on the disconnect button multiple times, but it's no use, as the call continues (I can hear the otherside still talking) and then my phone freezes. I now press restart to disconnect phone calls. Restart only solves that bug.

I need help on this asap. Thanks 

user4ce6Nubsyv
Cosmic Ray

I'm having all of these issues PLUS the updated camera is a complete disaste .  All of the recording options are unavailable and the new setup is very inconvenient. How can this be