cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung_WrEDdEn
Astronaut

Latest update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The last software update is awful. Is there a way to change it back? And why in the world would you change the location of the time???

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Latest update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There is not an official way to revert the software. Doing so will void any warranty on your phone.

9 REPLIES 9
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There is not an official way to revert the software. Doing so will void any warranty on your phone.

useroI5iN5Wbih
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Clearly Samsung is not listening, but they need to. The latest update IS awful! The interface looks like it was designed by a third-grader, the camera suddenly bites and pictures are all over-exposed and/or blurry, the batter drains within a day, and NO ONE has had positive feedback about it. Samsung, if you're reading this, listen to your customers or buy Apple stock...I have a feeling their sales are going to suddenly skyrocket.

Mookcrows2018
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This update is terrible. Even the color coded aspects of the app (which is a small aestetic design) is just...bleh and boring. I don't know if it's the update or not. But many of the apps that I use no longer work properly. 

1) In the "Device management" (which is now called "Device Care") there is no way to put the apps to sleep clearing memory like the old update did. You can clean up the memory, optimize but you can't do the same for "battery". Unless there is something that happens in the new update where this function was considered unecessary. 

2) After updating the Samsung player last week (still annoyed that you guys still haven't taken my suggestion of making it so you move larger blocks of music into a position if it doesn't sync in the exact same order from your player on your PC instead of 1-by-1), after the update the player constantly shuts off in the middle of playing. Sometimes it's every minute, sometimes a few seconds.  I'm often shocked when it DOES actually play an entired playlist without stopping. Even my 'Overdrive' audiobook app stops in the middle of a reading. Same thing happens it stops every 3 to 10 minutes. And before anyone say there is something I'm doing wrong. Let's just say it was fine for practically 2 years that I've been using it. Never had a problem regardless of updates until this one. What's even more bizzare, is when I thumb down the top of the screen to see the apps running, if I press PLAY to resume it just shuts down and clears itself from the notificatioin list. I have to go back in to open the app again only for it to shut down after 3 minutes. Even the headphones can't activate it to turn it back on. Sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't. All it does do is remove it from the list of apps running without me having to thumb down the top screen. This is highly frustrating. Wasn't acting this way a week and half ago.

3) The Samsung Health app is not even tracking properly anymore. It's amazing that 1 hour and 6 mins is now equal to 1 min and 6 secs. I even tried it again today and the whole app is off. The settings for this app are always the same. There was one time it did have a hiccup and I know there are issues with it. But this is terrible. There hasn't been an update for it since last year and I don't know if the new S8 update caused some issues.  Now I can't use the app anymore because of this, because the tracker has now become faulty. 

4) Now I kind of like the new set up in dismissing apps, but the fact that you see apps that are still active at the bottom of the screen that YOU CAN'T CLEAR FROM BATTERY USAGE by putting them to sleep is confusing and unecessary. 

I don't know what happened but I hope that Samsung fixes this soon. Because this is getting ridiculous because I like many others don't know what the problem is or how to fix it. Plus, I shouldn't have to carry the phone to someone to only tell me to go somewhere else. Because last time I contacted "chat" on an issue they were of no use. 

userNdA3qcsW3w
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After latest update while listening to music the is no longer a drop down to control volume without going into settings. Makes absolutely no sense

Samsung_WrEDdEn
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Then please issue a new update that changes it back. It was fine like it was and in some areas youv

Samsung_WrEDdEn
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just please issue a reverse update. I know you can do it.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This was a Google update to Android Pie. There is not an option to revert. I can only recommend that maybe you can find a custom launcher or theme to personalize your phone to your preferences.

user2lSTFNbost
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

And what about the issues which are not interface realted. My phone's battery is draining very quickly. Moreover, its fast charging is not working. So its taking about 6 hours to cahrge and gets drained in 4 hours. https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S8/I-have-updated-my-s8-and-now-it-wont-charge/m-p/747246

useruAeN8wR0EH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I feel the same I want it back original the way I had it don't know why they change mines