cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Lock Screen button on edge panel disappeared

An update came through to my S8 approx 1 hour ago, notifing that Samsung Edge is to be updated.

Since the update, my edge panel no longer has the 'lock screen'  button on it.

I went to Gallaxy Store and the Softkey Edge (sally soft) shows locked screen button, but when I down load it, lock screen is not on it only the other four; recent,home, back and screen capture.

I use the lock screen button multiple times a day and would love to have it bacl, please.

Can anyone help?

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Lock Screen button on edge panel disappeared

I have the same issue on galaxy note 8.

The lock key was very useful and unfortunately it's dissappeared!

Is there any tricks to take it back? 

Highlighted
Constellation

same issue for me. Please fix it.

Highlighted
Astronaut

here the same dude

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I would recommend reaching out to the developer of the app to verify compatibility with your update and to see if they are able to update the app.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hi SamsungAdam,

Thank you for your suggestion, only as the app came from the Galaxy Store, I'm assuming it's a Samsung app. It was a Samsung update that changed it, gggrrrr. So I can only conclude from all that, the developer is......Samsung?? 

So are you able to direct me to where I can reach out to the developer and request they reinstate the lock screen button.  (I hope calling it a button is the correct term).

Thank you,

Jack !

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can you please send me a picture of the app you are using so I can provide you with the proper contact information?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hi SamsungAdam,

Thanks for your quick reply. Here is a snap shot from Galaxy Store a few minutes ago clearly showing lockscreen button, but when I down load it, it's not on my phone, only the first four.

mmmm, I've just attempted to add the shot, I hit upload as it asked, but I can't see it here.  I hope it come through your end, but just in case it doesn't:

This is how I access the Galaxy Store and found the SoftKey Edge Panel.

I swipe to open edge panel, I tap the setting wheel, this opens whats available on my phone for the edge panel.  I tap the three dots in top R corner. This opens a menu of four options, one being Galaxy Store.  I tap Galaxy Store, this opens and up the top I tap Top free, and the first ones I can see are SoftKey Edge and Calculator Panel.

SoftKey Edge is the one that has Lock (lock screen) as the bottom button icon. But when I down load it onto my phone, Lock is not there.

Thanks very much for looking into this for me,

Jack !

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Just to clarify is this the app you are referring to:

If so the contact information for the developer would be:

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hi SamsungAdam,

Yes that's it.

Don't know why my pic wouldn't go through, but that for another day.

Thank you for your help, I'll contact those people and see how it goes.

You've been a BIG help,

Thank you again,

Jack !