cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userUJswe2IdbJ
Asteroid

Re: Low Call Volume On S8+

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've tried that as well with the same result. Can it be a hardware problem.?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Checking to see if you still need any assistance? 

userUJswe2IdbJ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After doing many things it still remains the same.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Give these steps below a try, if this doesn't work I would recommend the various service options. You are welcome to speak with your carrier to see what they can offer, you can have Best Buy's Samsung Experience Shop evaluate for software related causes, OR Samsung can help you send the device into an authorized service center to have our technicians evaluate for both software/hardware causes. 

For the microphone, there are 3 apps under system apps named Phone, use these steps for each app named phone:
Settings> Apps> 3 Vertical Dots> Show System Apps> Phone> Storage> Clear Cache> Clear Data

useryFlN0Qn1II
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Why would it be the device if this happened after a phone update?
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello everyone, we have updated Sebas's response. Could you give those steps a try? If these steps don't work we would recommend the service options. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userCmoxnrbO84
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you e ever get that volume issue solved?

userpQFqGAs2gx
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine is the same thing . You cant hear your in coming calls.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Let's try placing the phone in safe mode? It would be a third party app causing the issue. This is how you place the phone in safe mode link.

Call Me Bruce
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is this some type of joke? User asks for help... given multiple links that are all broken and then the marked Solved answer is his own reply saying that it isn't a Media volume issue, it's an in call volume issue. SMH

This is an issue most users are having since Pie update. As usual... Pie is to blame. My entire phone has suffered low volume across the board. In call volume is low and have to jack the volume to the max which I didn't have to do with Oreo and same with media volume which also has to be jacked to max, where as in Oreo I could have it at around 3/4 volume... which was still sad, but nowhere near as sad as it is now with Pie.