cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

March Routine Security Update Locked out knox/secure folder

I have an unlocked (purchased from Samsung directly) Samsung S8+ and over the weekend installed the routine monthly security update.  After restart, I could no longer get into the Workspace to interact with my Work apps, and other things such as Secure Folder are locked out as well, due to it detecting "unauthorized software" on the system.  I didn't change anything myself, obviously, just ran the usual update.  What's the fix?  What's going on?  Any insight is helpful.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: March Routine Sercurity Update Locked out knox/secure folder

hi @immunity  

I would suggest opening it thru safe mode and back it up using the Samsung account 

by following this instructions

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/\

Turning on Safe Mode is as easy as it is safe. First, completely power off the phone. Then, power on the phone and when the Samsung logo appears, press and hold down the Volume Down key. If done correctly, "Safe Mode" will display on the bottom left corner of the screen. If "Safe Mode" does not appear, repeat the steps above.

Once you're in Safe Mode, you can remove the third-party app that is causing issues on your phone.

To exit Safe Mode, simply restart your phone and it will reboot normally.

Once in the safe mode environment then you can open your secure folder

once everything is backed up you can restart and open your secure folder.

I would suggest resetting your device settings and registering all of your biometrics

because security updates like these will fix the recent vulnerabilities and in that process, it will lock all of your security stuff going to safe mode usually fix this

Hopefully, this will help you with your problem

Be sure to click " ✔ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: March Routine Security Update Locked out knox/secure folder

@Joellem is there an easy way to tell which app might be the culript?

Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: March Routine Sercurity Update Locked out knox/secure folder

@immunity 

for that one, it is the security patch itself and not an app because if you are in safe mode all is in default and bare minimal bootup you should be able to access your secure folder after backing it up that usually fixes the problem on your next bootup.

Be sure to click " ✔ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you

don't forget to hit like  Smiley Wink

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: March Routine Security Update Locked out knox/secure folder

Neither of the things worked.  I backed up my phone, but still unable to get to anything in the Secure Folder to even back up right now.  Putting the phone into safe mode does not unrestrict the Secure Folder.  And if it isn't unlocking or fixing Secure Folder, I doubt it would fix my Workspace for work.

Also from everything I've looked up, you can't uninstall a security patch unless you mess with the system... which I'm not really interested in doing.