Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OneBeanShy
Asteroid

Re: Media Audio suddenly grayed out in car

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungJecca wrote:

@OneBeanShyHave you tried any of the suggestions listed throughout the thread? 

Yep. It's two phones, same model (galaxy s8+) that no longer allow media audio to be selected for Sync. It worked on a Wednesday and then on Thursday the 2nd it stopped. The sync program in the car has not been updated (and still shows that the phones are BT media audio enabled and chosen) but on both phones the media audio is grayed out and auto toggles off after you try to turn it on. The only thing we haven't done is factory reset either phone. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@OneBeanShy; Try going back into the Bluetooth menu on your phone, locate your vehicle ID. To access the options you will need to long-pressing the name or tap the options slider in newer versions of Android. Check both the Media and Phone audio profiles. Now, If you do not see Media audio as an option, your car stereo may no longer support it. Double-check your car's manual to be sure. As a last resort, A Data Factory Reset may solve the issue. Be advised that a Factory Reset will restore your device to its original settings and remove all saved data. It is imperative to back up any important data before performing the Factory Reset. Let us know if this information is helpful. 

Highlighted
OneBeanShy
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you everyone! I got it working. At least for my phone, I'll have to add my husband's back to see if it works on his. As a last resort before factory resetting my phone, I reset my Sync settings in the car to factory settings. (Disconnect all Bluetooth devices and remove SD card). When it was done and I had to add the phone it allowed the media audio. So I'm not sure why this happened, but as of this moment I can use media audio and call audio. 

View solution in original post

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@OneBeanShy Glad to hear you were able to get it resolved, especially without having to factory reset your phone!