Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userGcwsrPNJKx
Asteroid

Messages are showing out of order

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

This is a very common issue in samsung galaxy phones which I am also facing in my S8 device. But, unrtunately I am not able to resolve it yet. The messages are showing out of order i.e. the older messages are showing on top while the new as well as unread new messages are showing somewhere down. Interestingly, this is happening since day 1.

Things I have tried :-

1. Wipe out messages app cache

2. Change time settings to automatic

I have uploaded a screen shot of my phone software details

This is very irritating. Please help me resolve this asap.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userGcwsrPNJKx
Asteroid

Re: Messages are showing out of order

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am using built in message app. At least I did not see any pattern. To help you understand better about this issue, I am attaching a long screen shot of my message app. Please investigate and let me know if you need more details. Also, please try to fix this issue asap, I have lost track of few important messages because of this issue

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @userGcwsrPNJKx

Let me see if I understand. When you open up a text conversation the newest post is at the bottom? So if you read from the top to bottom like a page of the book they are in order?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userGcwsrPNJKx
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungViv

No. That's not the case. Today's messages (unread and read both) are showing somewhere below 29th Sep messages. Few of 5th november messages are showing on the top while few of them are below 28th Sep messages. The order is totally random. 

I tried every solution available online but could not resolve it. I wonder how this has not come to Samsung's notice yet as this is a very old issue. I am desperately waiting for the software update patch to fix this. 

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

While this does happen to be reported, even here on the Community, the reasons change based on the device. Just to make sure, are you using the built in Message app, or a different texting app? Do you notice this happen with just one contact or all? That will help us narrow down what might be happening in this case.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userGcwsrPNJKx
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am using built in message app. At least I did not see any pattern. To help you understand better about this issue, I am attaching a long screen shot of my message app. Please investigate and let me know if you need more details. Also, please try to fix this issue asap, I have lost track of few important messages because of this issue

View solution in original post

userGcwsrPNJKx
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The issue is resolved. The messages which were out of order and on the top were actually pinned :-( . I just unpinned them and eveerything is back to normal. 

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION