cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userkf8Ihdc1ha
Constellation

Mic not working

When placing or answering phone calls the other called can not hear me unless I turn on speakerphone.... any voice to text does not work

226 REPLIES 226
Pinche_Pep
Asteroid

Re: Mic not working

I am also having this exact problem, at first I thought it was a microphone issue but that should not be the case considering the speakerphone option works. The Google app can also not hear any of my commands when I attempt to say anything.

Nebula

Google app wasn t responding to my voice and it said my Mic was off? I uninstalled google update from apps and then reinstalled it back and no more issues with that now for few days so hopefully problem solved ..

WolfKaiser
Asteroid

@Teresama67 wrote:

Google app wasn t responding to my voice and it said my Mic was off? I uninstalled google update from apps and then reinstalled it back and no more issues with that now for few days so hopefully problem solved ..

Thank you, that will be my next step when the  Mic does not work again.

Deseagle07
Asteroid

Go to carrier and do a warranty replacement, we all have a one year warranty with these new phones

Anujd
Constellation

I'm having the same issue. No one can hear me when I'm in a call until I turn on the speakerphone or plug in my headset. problem is I dropped the phone the second day that I had it and it put a very small crack on the bottom of the back. The mic problem started on Saturday I have had the phone for 20 days. They say that because of the physical damage to the phone they won't honor it under the warranty. They also claimed that no one else has had this problem so that it wasn't a Samsung issue.😠

I am very disappointed with them. Will never buy from them again. 

So on top of the cost of the phone now I have $150 deductible to pay when I haven't even had the phone 30 days. 

userY1aA5cm1FE
Constellation

Hi All. I am having the same problem. No one can hear me on the other end when they call me or I call them. All voice to text, google voice commands and voice recorders do not work. Seems like the microphone on the phone is turned off. 

Honored Contributor

Hey folks!

Considering the troubleshooting that has been done in this thread, it might be worth checking on a formal Samsung evaluation/repair for the device effected with this problem. In that case, definitely reach out to Samsung directly via Phone (1-800-SAMSUNG/1-800-726-7864), Twitter, or even Facebook. Naturally you can also reach out to your carrier to see if they have a different option you might like more or maybe someone here in the Community has some other ideas!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user8MqNNFeTOv
Constellation

Same problem 

user1Axlqvxo2U
Constellation

I had this same issue occur trying to *OK GOOGLE* a timer. Rebooted and it was fixed. Certainly seems software related. Phone is less then a week old.