cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Mirroring full screen

Found threads on this, but none answered my question.

Have an S8.  I want to mirror my phone to the TV.  I can get the phone to appear on the TV screen, but I get a vertical mirror of my phone in the center of the TV screen.  Any way to get the phone video to fill the entire TV screen?

8 REPLIES 8
Astronaut

Re: Mirroring full screen

Has the application HOME not worked for you?
Constellation

Home?  The only 'Home' on my phone is Google Home.  Searching Play Store shows no "Home" by itself.  'Homescape,' 'google home,' and others, but no 'Home.'

Astronaut

Re: Re: Mirroring full screen

I think that is it. On my phone it is arranged alpha and just before 'I heart radio'. That app should allow you to cast full screen to your television, make sure your TV input is prepared to receive the transmission.
Samsung Care Ambassador

@Apothist wrote:
I think that is it. On my phone it is arranged alpha and just before 'I heart radio'. That app should allow you to cast full screen to your television, make sure your TV input is prepared to receive the transmission.

Google Home uses Chromecast. To use this, either the TV would need to have Chromecast support built in, or a Chromecast would need to be connected to the TV. 

Constellation

Does a Chromecast Dongle require a monthly fee.  If not, this sounds easiest

Samsung Care Ambassador

@RequiredUsername wrote:

Does a Chromecast Dongle require a monthly fee.  If not, this sounds easiest

No

Samsung Care Ambassador

@RequiredUsername wrote:

Found threads on this, but none answered my question.

Have an S8.  I want to mirror my phone to the TV.  I can get the phone to appear on the TV screen, but I get a vertical mirror of my phone in the center of the TV screen.  

That is an exact mirror of your screen. 

I think that you are looking for Dex. https://www.samsung.com/us/explore/dex/

I think that you will need the DeX Station or DeX Pad to make it work with your S8. 

Explorer

here connect to smart view from drop down then pull down drop down again . hold down smart view icon press 3 dots upper right go to aspect ratio this will fix your problem