cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Moisture Detected in Charging Port error after system update.

I charged my phone last night. This morning when I checked it, it said I had a system update available. Without unplugging the phone, I allowed the update to process. Once the update completed and my phone reopened, my phone started beeping and saying that "Moisuture has been detected in your charger/USB port". It did not say it during the night and it charged. Only now after the update am I having this issue and nothing has changed with the charger or the USB port.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Moisture Detected in Charging Port error after system update.

Hi there!

I would recommend taking a Q-tip and cleaning around the USB port to make sure it is dry and dust free. In addition, I would recommend reseting your phone if the problem continues. I hope this helps!

Highlighted
Astronaut

I have tried cleaning around the USB port but it has not helped. It charged find all night but only have the update did I have an issue. How do I reset the phone?

Highlighted
Product Expert

I suggest you clear any lint from the charging port. Sometimes if there's lint that caught moisture, it will thunk its wet. 

Although, you mentioned the update. So I would also suggest you back up your device and do a factory data reset to refresh the phone to try to clear out that moisture detection message. 

Sometimes the updates leave lose ends in the system and they simply need to be cleared.  

If these steps don't fix the issue I suggest you cann 1800SAMSUNG for a possibly repair or replacement.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Thank you for the information. I do think it had something to do with the update. Can you tell me how I can back up the device and do a factory data reset?

Highlighted
Product Expert

Thanks for being a Samsung Community Member with us. I would suggest turning off your device and try to insert the charger if that error occurs and seeing if that message still comes up on your screen. If it does, I highly recommend you taking it to your nearest Samsung Store or 1-800-Samsung. I hope this helps you

Highlighted
Asteroid

I had the same problem and did the followng steps and it worked for me.

1. go to storage settings.

2. in usb settings - clear the cache.

3. Restart phone.

4. When the phone restarts go to battery settings.

5. Disable fast charge and then switch it back on. 

6. Put the phone back on charge.

Sometimes there are things in the CACHE that creates this warning. Good luck and let me know if you have sucess. 

F