cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GegeG
Asteroid

Moisture detected in charging port

JUMP TO SOLUTION

MY S8+ is having an issue wherein the notification center, it says that there is Moisture detected in the charging port. I have tried to fix it by blowing in it in hopes of it drying up and restarting it. None of those were solutions for me. I really am completely stuck as the phone hasn't really been near water for a bit. The only last solution I can really think of is buying a wireless charger. Thank you! 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GegeG
Asteroid

Re: Moisture detected in charging port

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just fixed it! My solution was simply drying it out by putting the phone near a heater and just left it there for a while. My phone is now charging and is not getting a Moisture detected error anymore. Thank you!

@GegeG wrote:

MY S8+ is having an issue wherein the notification center, it says that there is Moisture detected in the charging port. I have tried to fix it by blowing in it in hopes of it drying up and restarting it. None of those were solutions for me. I really am completely stuck as the phone hasn't really been near water for a bit. The only last solution I can really think of is buying a wireless charger. Thank you! 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GegeG
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just fixed it! My solution was simply drying it out by putting the phone near a heater and just left it there for a while. My phone is now charging and is not getting a Moisture detected error anymore. Thank you!

@GegeG wrote:

View solution in original post

GegeG
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Brekly
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I always have a can of compressed air handy. That usually fixes the problem for me as well.

Samsung_GBZtU9y
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh no! This scares me. I just got this phone like 2 weeks ago. Is that a common issue with these phones? I thought these were waterproof. I had an S7 and literally went swimming with it. I went under a waterfall and took pictures.