cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Donutman
Asteroid

Moisture detected

Randomly my Galaxy s8 started getting this "moisture has been detected in USB port" notification. I have not exposed my phone to any moisture or liquid what so ever. I tried turning it off and letting it sit, I cleaned out the port itself, blow a fan on the port. Nothing is helping and I can't afford a new phone.

13 REPLIES 13
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Moisture detected

Donutman
Asteroid

I tried all that stuff, I haven't even came in to contact...

I tried all that stuff, I haven't even came in to contact with any moisture and let my phone sit over night off

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: I tried all that stuff, I haven't even came in to contact...

Are you able to charge your device wirelessly?

Donutman
Asteroid

I can but I don't have one Also it only pops up when I t...

I can but I don't have one

Also it only pops up when I there isn't something in the usb port. So I was able to plug a cable in and restart my phone and it charged. But right when I unplugged the moisture came up.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: I can but I don't have one Also it only pops up when I t...

Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device?

Uptownmike14
Constellation

I have the same problem. Tried everything from vacuuming...

I have the same problem. Tried everything from vacuuming out the port for 5 minutes straight. Using a stiff small paint brush to clean the port. I even used rubbing alcohol which would remove all moisture in the port. AND STILL IT HAPPENS!

ALSO, THAT LAST POST WITH THE TROUBLESHOOTING WEBSITE. THAT WAS USELESS INFORMATION!

Everyone says clear the cashe. Under what app do I clear the app? The storage cleanup program on this S8+ doesn't show the cashe cleaning.

userMH1hKVkC4P
Constellation

When you notice this and you even have the slightest char...

When you notice this and you even have the slightest charge to your phone, RESET IT. DON'T LET YOUR PHONE DIE. It's the simplest fix but if you lose all charge you can't reset. In that case try to put in the cable while it's in the start screen. If you do it before turning it on you'll get the message. I bought a wireless charger from Walmart for cheap. If you get that to charge it even 1 percent you RESTART IT. That's the best fix

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: When you notice this and you even have the slightest char...

Give these steps a try for wiping the cache partition:

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
userzpRAzwyMpG
Astronaut

Re: When you notice this and you even have the slightest char...

Thanks, this worked for me...

NOTE:  What does clearing the cache on my cell/tablet actually do?  The cache partition contains most of the temporary files, logs and remembered bits from the various applications on your Android device.  They can also be left over files from before your last Android update.