cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Knife
Cosmic Ray

Music and any other type of media keeps pausing randomly

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've searched the other topics of music that keeps stopping and they all say its giving the app access to run in the background or not putting to sleep but this doesnt work for me and my music or any type of media sound just keeps randomly pausing. Even when I'm using my phone. Is there any other fixes to this besides the allow app to run in background one? Would greatly appreciate any ideas 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Knife
Cosmic Ray

Re: Music and any other type of media keeps pausing randomly

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Apparently theres a bug with Video enhancer that's causing this. Try turning it off and see if thay works

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there, May I ask what music apps are you using when this happens?

Knife
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Spotify, my mixtapez, audiomack, soundcloud, Google music, really anything that plays music just randomly pauses

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Knife wrote:

Spotify, my mixtapez, audiomack, soundcloud, Google music, really anything that plays music just randomly pauses

Most if no all of these apps stream music. 

1) Have you tried to have some mp3 music files stored locally on your phone and see if it still pauses randomly?

2) If your phone doesn't have Samsung music app installed, get it from Galaxy Store and try it out

3) What is your main go-to listening device: Bluetooth or wired headphones? 

Knife
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

1. Yea, when the music pauses it disappears from the notification bar even

2. Ok I'll try it but I dont think it'll make a difference

3. Galaxy buds, bluetooth

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try wiping the cache partition on your device. See if that helps.

Follow these steps:

- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
- An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.

Your phone will take a little time booting up after the cache partition is wiped off of its contents as it will rebuild or recreate those caches. Don’t be alarmed if the phone gets stuck on the logo for a minute or two after this just don’t turn it off so that what was deleted will be replaced successfully. So, wait for your phone to become active. Don’t worry, this procedure is very easy and safe to do. You won’t damage your phone just by wiping the cache partition.

Knife
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Tried it, not much of a difference still doing the same thing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would check and make sure you don't have a badly behaving app running in background hijaaking the speaker output.  I had it happen to me once on an iPhone and it was related to a website I was sometimes visiting as part of a news source used by a news aggregator app I was using.  It only happened for some visits to the website depending on the video they were using so it took me a while to figure it out.  I turned off that news source from the app's settings where it let you choose what websites to aggregate news from and the problem went away.  

Knife
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Maybe it's a hardware issue as my headphone Jack actually doesnt work ?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you checked your sleeping application list and your optimized apps list?

I would recommend giving this article a try: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01200668/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.