cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
user2CrvO7xCz7
Constellation

My Wifi keeps turning on and off automatically and I can't connect to mobile data

I just updated my phone's software and this problem has been going on ever since. I have tried everything such as turning off functions in Wifi, Locations, Restoring and resetting networks but nothing has worked so far. Is this a bug in the new software ,or is my hardware malfunctioning? 

9 REPLIES 9
Wrssmithjr04
Asteroid

Re: My Wifi keeps turning on and off automatically and I can't connect to mobi..

Try going to developer setting (tap on build number 7 times in about > software) and make sure always active mobile network is on the go to WiFi settings (settings > connections > WiFi > advanced) then enable switch to mobile data and make sure turn on wifi automatically is switched on.

Wrssmithjr04
Asteroid

Re: My Wifi keeps turning on and off automatically and I can't connect to mobi..

If this doesn't work repeat it in safe mode (go to power menu by holding down power button the hold down the power off option until safe mode pops up.)

user2CrvO7xCz7
Constellation

Thanks, my data is working but the wifi problem is still there

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@user2CrvO7xCz7 Have you tried clearing the cache partition on your phone? 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all keys ('Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
  4. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight “wipe cache partition.”
  5. Press the Power key to select.
  6. Press the Volume down key to highlight “yes” and press the Power key to select.
  7. When the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.
  8. Press the Power key to restart the device.
user2CrvO7xCz7
Constellation

nope, it's not working

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@user2CrvO7xCz7 Does this issue still your phone is connected to another wifi network?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried resetting the Network Settings or backing everything up and doing a Factory Reset?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

levelsevencrew
Asteroid

Re: My Wifi keeps turning on and off automatically and I can't connect to mobile data

Did you want to advanced option in wifi there you will find an option " turn wifi off automatically " and make sure it is turned off. Hope it helps u

Vane04
Asteroid

None of the links work after the update on my s10e. I was told to do a cache wipe but that only works for a few minutes then anything that requires internet goes back to not working. I can scroll around on twitter and search but links dont work. Same with Instagram and facebook. Tried searching in google and the results load but no actual links load when clicked. Definitely a problem with the update.