cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userzjjleBsYrZ
Constellation

My biometrics options are disabled

I was unable to unlock my phone using fingerprints until today morning. When I checked in settings, the entire biometrics portion is grayed out and disabled so I'm unable to change screen lock type or even enable one of the biometric features. Can someone please help? I'm disabled and fingerprint and iris scanning really helped with day 2 day tasks on the phone vs typing in a password now.

Thank you in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: My biometrics options are disabled

Are you able to clear the cache partition of the phone?

Turn off the device.
Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
Press Power key to select.
Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
Press the Power key to restart the device.

userzjjleBsYrZ
Constellation

Hi,

I tried the steps you suggested but its still not letting me enable any biometrics options

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried clearing the cache and data from the biometrics directly? If you go to Settings>Apps>Tap the search bar>search for bio you should see an app called com.samsung.android.biometrics.app.settings, select that app, force stop, then head to the storage options and clear the cache and data.

userzjjleBsYrZ
Constellation

I tried searching for it under apps but  neither "bio" nor "biometrics" show up in results. At the top left "All" apps are selected too so not sure why.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Apologies I forgot a step, that's my bad. You'll also need to click on the three dots on the right side and tap 'show system apps' then you should be able to see it.

userzjjleBsYrZ
Constellation

Hmm tried that too. Other system apps show up but not the biometrics. I even tried the full name "com.samsung.." etc.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Strange, in this case, I would recommend having your phone evaluated by a certified technician. You may have two options for this depending on your location. You can either visit a local uBreakiFix location or you can ship your device into the Samsung service center. If you would like to ship your device in please send me a private message with the full model code and IMEI number so I can get your repair ticket set up for you.