cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

My galaxy s8 randomly stopped working

Yesterday my galaxy 8 randomly stopped working. Screen went black, nothing happened if I tried to charge it, held buttons.... nothing. Took the phone to my service carrier and I wasn't the only one with the same issue. Another lady was in for the same thing. While getting help the manager of the store was phoned for another location with the same customer issue. And then a friend tells me they're galaxy 8 went dead too.  All of us had to purchase new phones. During this pandemic, buying a new phone was not a easy purchase but a needed buy at the time. Looking to see if others had this issue if Samsung has answers. 

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: My galaxy s8 randomly stopped working

how long have you held down the Power and the Volume down buttons? Sometimes it could take 30 seconds to a minute for your phone to enter the Boot Menu. The idea is you want to hold those buttons down until your screen powers back on. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re:My galaxy s8 randomly stopped working

I tried and the store.  They got it one but it went dark shortly after. 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@userT1lgrezjH0 wrote:

I tried and the store.  They got it one but it went dark shortly after. 

Try it while it's either charging or try pluging it in to a computer (while powered on) to give it the same charging affect. The should do the trick. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Tried and didn't work. Even when the battery was drained, if I put it on the charger a little light would come on. That little light won't even come on. The phone is dead. And there's multiple people with the same issue. Just odd

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@userT1lgrezjH0 wrote:

Tried and didn't work. Even when the battery was drained, if I put it on the charger a little light would come on. That little light won't even come on. The phone is dead. And there's multiple people with the same issue. Just odd

Yikes, youll have to contact Samsung's customer service to see if you can get it repaired since it won't power on unfortunately. Sorry your S8 wouldn't power on after that. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

My note 8 also stopped working on 13 May.  I had the motherboard replaced a year ago. Still under warranty but because I now reside in a different country they will not honour it. Also told that different countries have different motherboards???? 

Highlighted
Constellation

Same happened to me. Samsung S8 plus stop working all of sudden. Nothing is working. No hard restart. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Yesturday my galaxy s8 stopped working and wouldn't charge.  About a year ago I experience the exact problem.

GREAT NEWS!  Here's the solution:

Step 1. Plug in charger

Step 2. Simultaneously hold the VOLUMN down and POWER buttons down until the phone reboot (10 - 60 seconds).

@userT1lgrezjH0 wrote:

Yesterday my galaxy 8 randomly stopped working. Screen went black, nothing happened if I tried to charge it, held buttons.... nothing. Took the phone to my service carrier and I wasn't the only one with the same issue. Another lady was in for the same thing. While getting help the manager of the store was phoned for another location with the same customer issue. And then a friend tells me they're galaxy 8 went dead too.  All of us had to purchase new phones. During this pandemic, buying a new phone was not a easy purchase but a needed buy at the time. Looking to see if others had this issue if Samsung has answers. 

@userT1lgrezjH0 wrote: