cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userqVlI8ejm6Y
Astronaut

My phone now vibrates when I send a text

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung Galaxy s7 edge and my messages app has started vibrating (as if I'm getting a notification) whenever I SEND a text in addition to receiving one. It never used to do this, and only would when I received a message. Now my phone vibrates whenever I send a text and it's pretty annoying. I checked the in-app notification settings and the settings for the messages app in the actual settings app and I can't find anything to turn it off.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
usernYEgjgSoBI
Constellation

Re: My phone now vibrates when I send a text

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey everyone, not sure if you all have the same carrier as me, but I have Tmobile with Name ID. I was having the same issue with my Galaxy S7 and while watching my screen i noticed my name ID popped up a notification briefly when i received a text and then disappeared. I turned off notifications for my Name ID and the extra vibrations stopped (both sending and recieving). I'm not sure if its the new samsung update or the recent name id update that caused this but it helped. Let us know if it works for you as well.

44 REPLIES 44
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does this occur with the device in safe mode?

userXvkH8pGAuf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This does not occur in Safe Mode.

@SamsungLarry

MommyNeesh
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This just started happening to me literally about 3 hrs ago and I'm already tired of it. I've had my S7 Edge for almost 2 years, never had this issue before today.

userQgioj7ctSP
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing just started happening to me. I have the S7 edge as well, had it for over a year now and never used to do it. Very annoying. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does this happen with the phone in Silent mode as well?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userRkJiKUiTYc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
No, it doesnt do it when on silent.
userJO4tVXBdIY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having the same issue also have a S7. It doesn't do it in silent mode. Only in vibration mode. I've checked all the settings and there isnt any option to turn this on or off. Only solution is to have the phone on sound notification or silent. 

userdRfM66sLk3
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Im having the same problem with double vibrations for incoming messages and for sent messages after the update! I hate it! Please fix. I also have a galaxy s7

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does this occur with the device in safe mode?