cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user7UeD89ggqF
Asteroid

NO notifications from any app (S8)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello! I'm desperate, I bought S8 4 days ago and all these days I cant get notifications from apps.
What I already did:
✓ Check notification options
✓ Check apps in "Optimize battery usage"
✓ Enable/Disable notifications on AOD
✓  Install some notification apps
✓  Change UI themes
✓  Check settings in appps
✓  Hard reset multiple times
✓  ...
And still nothing, not from sms, skype, gmail BUT I'm getting all notifications from Viber (I dont know why Smiley Indifferent )
One interesting thing - I am getting some notifications like SMS (after hard reset) till I login my google account in phone settings, after that NOTHING, I can unlock my phone after one hour and realize that I have new messages in Skype and Gmail, but no sound or text notification. After 4 days in searching I saw many problems like this, but any solution didn't help.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
user7UeD89ggqF
Asteroid

Re: NO notifications from any app (S8)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here is solution!

1) Make hard reset
2) Login to your google account 
3) Update all apps in Google Play EXCEPT gmail and skype

Gmail version must be 7.2.12.147797444 and skype 7.37.0.41

4) Mark "Notify for every message" in gmail settings

Spoiler

5) Be happy

12 REPLIES 12
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's nerve wracking! Thanks for sharing with the Community, I'm sure we all really appreciate the details you've provided as far as everything you've already taken action on with this situation. So you're not getting any notification sound, pop up or icon in your notification bar when these come in? Do you have your phone set to any kind of power saving mode of any sort or in Safe Mode? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user7UeD89ggqF
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for answering my topic. I am not getting any pop up notification (from any app),  sometimes I can get icons in notification bar (rare) and sound notification (very rare) but as I said never pop up. I am not using any kind of power saving mode or power saving app or antivirus. Today I tried to get notifications in Safe Mode but nothing. 
PS I really like my new S8 buy I need this notifications because my phone = my work = my money.

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh I definitely get where you're coming from there, @user7UeD89ggqF. Are you familiar with Do Not Disturb on your phone? Do you have this enabled? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user7UeD89ggqF
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do Not Disturb mode is off and I also tried high priority notification on my apps. One more interesting thing - Skype from Google Play, no notifications, but Skype from Galaxy Apps store and everything is ok. Why? Smiley Happy

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That is very interesting. Can you test this with the other third party apps you have and see if they will allow notifications when downloaded from the Galaxy Apps store instead of the Play Store? 

user7UeD89ggqF
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry but after couple hours of testing I must tell, that my last message was fake information... Again don't know what to do.

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ah, no worries. Thanks for testing that out though. We can still try some other things. First, can you send us a full screenshot of your Notification Settings? 

user7UeD89ggqF
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you need some more information just tell.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20170722-021750.pngScreenshot_20170722-021545.pngScreenshot_20170722-021558.pngScreenshot_20170722-021616.pngScreenshot_20170722-021630.pngScreenshot_20170722-021710.png
Highlighted
user7UeD89ggqF
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here is solution!

1) Make hard reset
2) Login to your google account 
3) Update all apps in Google Play EXCEPT gmail and skype

Gmail version must be 7.2.12.147797444 and skype 7.37.0.41

4) Mark "Notify for every message" in gmail settings

Spoiler