cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Comet

Re: New update is Pathetic!!

I don't see relevant comments on the profile page you linked to, but get the idea. For me on my S9, Settings/Lock Screen/Always On Display/ Display Mode/Show Always does make my AOD show without any interaction necessary (i.e., on my nightstand), and the same is true on my wife's S8. Split screen works by tapping the icon at the top of an app in the recent apps screen and selecting "Open in split screen view." I'm not sure what other settings might be interfering with the functioning of these. Are you using Good Lock for the Task Changer Settings by any chance?

Dan
Galaxy S9 SM-G960U on Xfinity Mobile + Gear S2 Classic
Tiny77
Constellation

My AOD works just like it did before the update. I had to change a few settings but it's all good now

user23hKjvi7gZ
Asteroid

I also cannot edit a sceenshot unless I do it as soon as I take it. Used to have the option to go back into Gallery and crop it later.

JaimeGFX
Constellation

Weird, i dont have those issues, i love the new update

Nessie
Cosmic Ray

The update is a slap in the face to loyal Samsung customers. Most of us were perfectly happy with the way the phone looked and operated before the upgrade. Which quite frankly is actually a downgrade.

user7r3cRjPkCe
Asteroid

how to undo latest system update?

My phone just did an update. It is awful! how do I reverse it?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: how to undo latest system update?

At this time there is not an authorized way to revert system software, Please continue to check periodically for important system updates.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userYcZqQ0QIK8
Asteroid

Is Samsung hearing the customers about the awful update?  Are they looking to undo these updates and revert back to the useful user experience features?  I'm already recommending my parents to buy the Google or HTC phone because the update is such a terrible design.  Which is a shame, because my dad really likes Samsung Health, but we can easily switch to MyFitnessPal.

The camera feature is not as quick and intuitive to use - switching to video mode is not as quick when you're trying to quickly record an infant doing something cute.  I prefered the video record button next to the camera button.

You can't quickly preview the notifications on the lock screen without swiping down (which defeats the purpose of previewing notifications on the lock screen).

The stickers are pointless and just as ugly as GChat's stickers.

It's too bad, because I liked the edge features of Samsung.  When "My Places" went away, I considered moving to a different phone brand, but still liked the edge features.  Now that this update happened and you can't revert, I'm seriously considering a different phone with a better user experience.

userYcZqQ0QIK8
Asteroid

AND make the pop-up notifications at the top of the screen smaller please!  Why does it have so much white space and take up 1/3 of the phone???  Who designed this???

Supposedly the Android 9.0 is supposed to be like the iPhone.  Well, if I wanted an iPhone, then I would've bought an iPhone.  I don't want an iPhone on my Samsung, I liked the customized features on Samsung which is why I recommended friends & family to buy a Samsung.

user7r3cRjPkCe
Asteroid

Agreed. I contacted Samsung and they had NO answers. You are correct, it looks like an Iphone, a very, very old one. There is a reason why I went to Samsung, I HATE IPHONES! Now, it appears I have one again. 

As for who designed this, my guess is an 8 year old. Everything is very juvenile. 

Samsung, get a grip. We spend a lot of time getting our phones to look and act the way we want, stop messing with them. They are OUR phones, not yours. We have purchased them. Fix the system bugs and leave the rest alone.