cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
usersqnjWgStl1
Constellation

New S8 update is a major downgrade!

My phone, Samsung Galaxy S8 which I could not have been more pleased with, was just upgraded by Samsung. With no warning they made changes that dramatically affect my phone both cosmetically and functionally. Among these changes are: message scheduling is gone, insertion of ‘Quick Responses’ into text messages while composing them is gone, sliding the conversation bar left to initiate a text or to the right to call the contact is gone, my dark background and light text in calendar and contacts to reduce eye discomfort is gone, my theme which I am extremely fond of is gone, my intelligently designed icons are gone, my attractive and easy to read pull-down services menu from the home screen is gone. So many of the things I liked about my Samsung phone are now gone. What did I get in return? A UI that looks like it was designed by a forth grader. Why would someone do this to a happy customer? What is the objective? How can you call this an upgrade? It is now not the phone I paid for, and a hefty price I might add! How can I get back what I had? You've got to fix this.
59 REPLIES 59
Gumby78
Astronaut

Re: New S8 update is a major downgrade!

I agree poorly released update. Manually must change settings back and some no longer exist.

Settings, Apps, Phone, Force stop. This will fix slide left slide right, as long as gestures controls have been changed as well.

Settings, Advanced features, Motions and gestures, at the bottom swipe to call or send messages.

Will have to work on the others for you

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for reaching out. Give these steps a try for scheduling a messaging: When you are in Samsung messages, click on the text box. On the left-hand side of the text box click the + sign and scheduling message will be under there. 

userS9daODGmUm
Constellation

I want to roll back to the previous update. This new one is horrible! Not what I expected from Samsung or a $1000 phone!
BobT
Constellation

What the heck!!! Your bad update!

Thanks for the update, NOT!!!

Got the update, it kept forgetting my network connection to Sprint. Seems there is no fix. Sprint after 5 calls and 2 visits to the corporate store ( franchisees refused to get involved) managed to get it working but only 3g. Great! <--- sarcasm again. Why does this seem to happen just after I finished paying for a $1000 phone. Humm. Well I have loved Samsung products in the past but times are a changing.

P.S. FIX MY PHONE!!!!!!!!!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: What the heck!!! Your bad update!

Thank you for reaching out. Have you tried resetting your network settings? Just a heads up, by resetting the network settings, it will remove all wi-fi and Bluetooth settings you currently have saved. Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device?

user23hKjvi7gZ
Asteroid

New update is Pathetic!!

@userPDk5WrK4NhYou have expressed exactly how I'm feeling. I HATE the changes. Was very fond of the split screen and the Always On feature which no longer works as it did. What is wrong with the people at Samsung to do this?? It's pathetic. I too will not buy another Samsung if they don't reverdr these changes.

Comet

Re: New update is Pathetic!!

Just to be clear, are you saying that the settings to change AOD back to always on instead of requiring a double-tap did not work on your device, and that the additional split screen options available through Good Lock were insufficient to restore your desired user experience?

Dan
Galaxy S9 SM-G960U on Xfinity Mobile + Gear S2 Classic
user23hKjvi7gZ
Asteroid

Well I've tried all the setting options related to AOD and cannot find a way to set it to come on automatically (I don't want to have to tap it, the point is if I don't have a free hane I just wanna see it).

I have also tried the steps as given on the Samsung site to do the split screen and I don't even see the same options on my 8+.

user23hKjvi7gZ
Asteroid

Yes that's correct. See my comment below under.. https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/14235748

I tried to follow Samsung instructions but I don't have the same options on my s8+.