cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

New email app updated on July7, 2020

Well Samsung sure boned up the email app on the S8 phone yesterday.  Opened email on phone to find the account needed to be reset with email address and password which I did.  Go to inbox and sync emails as I do it manually to find all my new emails loaded.  Then I deleted them from phone as I always do when finished because I had selected to never have them deleted from the server so I can access them from my PC at home/office.  Well I was stunned to find out that option does not exist on this new email app for some silly unknown reason.  So if you want to keep an email you better drop it into a folder rather than delete it on your S8, not sure about other Samsung smartphones.  

This is a bad move in my mind and needs to be corrected.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: New email app updated on July7, 2020

I mean really, no heads up inside the " what's new " b4 downloading newer vrsn of this app?
Highlighted
Constellation

Nope, I didn't even load it.  When I opened the email app it was there and had to reset email and password as if it was the first time I had used it.

Lazy and silly is what I call it for not giving a heads up at all.

Highlighted
Constellation

Just wondering when/if Samsung is going to address these concerns.

Highlighted
Constellation

The new version update to the samsung email app at first didnt download and when it did ,I had to re -add all my email accounts.  Also, after setting it all up I am not getting my emails until hours later even when setting is set for 15min intervals.  

Samsung please correct this issue. I rolled back to the previous version and uninstalled update see it  works the same as before. 

I am using  GS9.