cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to the Samsung Cloud

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm new to the cloud on my S8+ and I'm not sure what I'm doing. I get how it syncs but am I able to delete a pic from my phone and keep it on the cloud? After I've synced and go to Gallery and select a pic to delete I get a pop-up that says "1 item in Samsung Cloud will be moved to Samsung Clouds trash." That message leads me to believe that I'm deleting the pic from my phone and the cloud, correct? Also, where do I go to see what all I have in the cloud?

Sorry for the amateurish questions. Thank you!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: New to the Samsung Cloud

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No worries, @Scott16475! I'll be happy to help you out with the cloud.

Unfortunately, once you sync your gallery to the cloud, the gallery essentially becomes the could (unless you used up all of the available storage) so you can't delete pictures only from the phone. However, if you have an SD card, you could move the pictures to the card to try and get around this. 

You can check to see what pictures are on the cloud from within the gallery app! Just go to Gallery>Settings>Cloud View to check that out. 

If you still have trouble with the Cloud, would you mind letting me know what carrier you have? I know Verizon has there own cloud storage, which could change a few things with this. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

66 REPLIES 66

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No worries, @Scott16475! I'll be happy to help you out with the cloud.

Unfortunately, once you sync your gallery to the cloud, the gallery essentially becomes the could (unless you used up all of the available storage) so you can't delete pictures only from the phone. However, if you have an SD card, you could move the pictures to the card to try and get around this. 

You can check to see what pictures are on the cloud from within the gallery app! Just go to Gallery>Settings>Cloud View to check that out. 

If you still have trouble with the Cloud, would you mind letting me know what carrier you have? I know Verizon has there own cloud storage, which could change a few things with this. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Destiny_Father
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can't find the Samsung cloud app on s8 verizon

Olejuwon Triplett
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for joining in, @userxLGsY0ors3. Like Grant was saying, your carrier actually has it's own cloud storage option which you can find more information on here. This is probably why you're not able to find the Samsung Cloud App. Have you also checked within your Galaxy App store? 

Highlighted
Tracethe1966
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

this was helpful. Thanks

usercMfc53w9IT
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My problem is, I want to see what's in the samsung cloud's recycle bin ... how can I do that ? 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usercMfc53w9IT wrote:

My problem is, I want to see what's in the samsung cloud's recycle bin ... how can I do that ? 

Funny you should ask because just this past weekend I was trying to figure this out as well. Hopefully someone will respond with the answer. 

userBJX3l2gfIj
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

To view your samsung cloud photos, just open your photo gallery app then click on settings (you can find settings by clicking on the '3 dots' on the top right corner when you open the app). In your Gallery settings, you will see Recycle Bin. Click on it and you will see all your deleted pics

userEaeVVeQYR9
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi.  Why isn't it possible to sync images or videos that are stored in the sd card?  Only on the device.  (S7 Edge).

userJtArd03YZx
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My phone is galaxy j5 prime and whenever i try to delete pictures it says 1 item will be moved to samsung clouds recycle bin