cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Nightwatch.txt

A message keeps popping up saying that nightwatch.txt is overloading the cpu on my galaxy8 by using 12.5% of memory. How do I fix this?

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Nightwatch.txt

I'm getting the same thing on my Galaxy Note8

Highlighted
Constellation

I've been getting the same.  Looks like a samsung issue on all models

www.reddit.com/r/samsunggalaxy/comments/hfm477/nightwatchtxt/

Anyone contact their support yet?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Multiple people have contacted with no success, myself being one of them.

Highlighted
Constellation

I am also getting this error on my Samsung Galaxy Note 8. It seems to affect most models of Samsung phones. There is a very long thread about it on reddit, but no resolution. 

I messaged Samsung yesterday to find out how to remove this. The person I chatted with had me wipe the cache, but that didn't solve the problem. The message was back this morning. I've also run virus scanners, but they haven't turned up anything.

I posted on this thread about my issues and what I tried to resolve it, and the message was removed for not complying with community rules, but it won't let me use the word that the bot used to justify deleting it. Go figure. Obviously, it does comply. Trying again.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Highlighted
Astronaut

This started happening right after I loaded a rogue app called Square ?? or Square table from a resturant that had a QR Code for the menu.  I removed the app and it has seemed to go away.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Interesting, not sure if this is a coincidence or not, but this just started on my Note9 shortly after I purchased an item from a vendor who used Square.  I didn't use Samsung pay or anything, but i did provide my phone # and email to the vendor, and  I did receive an email from Square as the receipt. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

I have not downloaded anything recently and still getting it...

Highlighted
Constellation

I had been getting the same warning daily on my Note 8. Then, a few days ago, I uninstalled Facebook and Facebook Messenger. The warnings have completely stopped popping up.