cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userVHwtW926ei
Constellation

No Android 10 ?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well...I don't need tech support, just venting....

Judging by Samsung's official Android 10 update announcement, it looks like Samsung have decided that the Galaxy S8 will not be recieving the Android 10 update.

I have used Samsung phones exclusively for almost 15 years now. If the Galaxy S8 really doesn't receive the update, it will be an obvious case of Samsung trying to phase out the product through forced obsolescence. Not cool Samsung....not cool.

I was seriously torn between buying a Google Pixel 4 or staying faithful to Samsung - This announcement has made the choice a lot easier....

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: No Android 10 ?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah sorry to say that the S8 most likely won't get android 10 since Samsung normally only sends out 2 major updates to the phones and continues to sent security updates to them 

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Gary-B82-Ambassador-Signature2Note 10+ Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: No Android 10 ?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah sorry to say that the S8 most likely won't get android 10 since Samsung normally only sends out 2 major updates to the phones and continues to sent security updates to them 

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Gary-B82-Ambassador-Signature2Note 10+ Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post